Our little Bode is 5!
We celebrated Bode's birthday the other day...I am so late, I was without a computer for 5 days and I went CRAZY...but now I have it back and I can make a birthday post for Bode.
5 reasons why Bode is super cool:
1. He give the best loves...even when you are super frustrated with him. And to top the love off, he will give you a pat on the back while he is doing it. It is hilarious.
2. He knows what he wants he he knows how to get it. Although this drives me crazy, it is something I wish I had. He won't stop until he gets what he wants, or maybe I give in to easy.
3. He has this awesome language that consists of "ma," "na," "mor," "ugh," and "my mom rocks!" I don't know where he learned that one, I think his daddy has been teaching him. :)
4. He brightens any ones day! Just to see this little guy will put a smile on your face. He does mine.
5. He can wrestle you down! He is the strongest 5 year old I know. One tough cookie. Once he has you down, he knows how to put you in a head lock and your a goner from there. He knows his stuff...Special Olympics Wrestling, here comes BODE!
Love you Bode!

Bode had a great birthday, well I tried to make it great, but I think all he wanted to do is sit home and watch movies. But, mommy had other plans.
On Saturday we had a celebration with Grandpa Johnson celebrating Grandpa and Bode's birthday....mommy didn't bring the camera.
On Sunday we celebrated with the Van Wagoner crew. Bode had his own dinosaur cake and I think he he got the loudest cheer when we blew out the candles. This is something we have been working on...blowing, very hard for Bode and he is doing so well with blowing.

On his birthday I thought it would be fun for him and I to just go to the movie together, like I have said before he loves movies. I took him to Mc Donalds for lunch and then off to the theater. Well we got to the theater (thank goodness it was only the $1 theater) and we go sit down to see "Up" and he is freaked out...the previews and the theater scared him. What? He has been to plenty movies and loved them. This was new. Well we did a little walking around and tried to go back in, didn't work, so we left. Thank goodness it was only $2.50 out of my pocket. I took him back to Hollie's with Peiton because that is where he really wanted to go anyway, and I did some grocery shopping.

That night Grandma Holly came over and took us to dinner...we went to Bode's favorite place, The Training Table, he loves the phones. To keep Bode entertained I gave him my camera and he went crazy at taking pictures...a few are shown above. Well he decided he was done so he threw the camera...broke! (Thankfully I was able to get the pictures off, but no more taking pictures.)
When Daddy got home from work, we opened his present from us. We have him a Leapster and I have never seen him so excited over a present before, it was awesome and well worth the money to see is excitement. And it keeps him pretty busy, which is a bonus. :)
It was a great day for Bode. I can't believe he is 5...time flies.
Love you little guy!






13 comments:
Happy Birthday Bode!
We have the same thing with Morgan and movies. She usually likes them once the movie starts and it doesn't seem so loud and scary. But the previews are always bad.
Happy Big 5 Bode! What an exciting time! Justin is also afraid of loud noise... we haven't been to the theater in a while though! Maybe the dollar movie is a good place to start again!
Love love your little guy. I actually feel pretty special that he'd rather play at my house than go see a movie.
Happy Birthday Bode!!!
Happy Birthday to you Bode!!! What a big guy you are...5....WOW!
Happy Birthday to Bode! Sorry we didn't make it over, but you don't want the fevers. =) We'll see you Sunday. Glad he had a good day!
Happy 5th Birthday Bode! Wow - that 5 years went by FAST!! Sounds like he a great time celebrating!
OH my gosh!!! i totally forgot!! Happy Birthday Bode!! Aunt Courtney and an Uncle Matt do love you! Sorry Nat, we are slackers but I like your scarf in the Training Table Picts;) Sounds like a good bithday and Bode is pretty awesome. Well Love You!! have fun at the Twilight Premere this week. Wish I was there.
Happy Birtday to your sweet little guy!!
Which Leapster did you get him? Tay wants one and I have no clue which one to get...
Happy Birthday Bode; he is so cute! We all love him!!!! :)
Sorry he got scared in the movie...thank heavens for dollar theaters. :)
Happy Day to cool Bode. He is adored and loved by everyone! You're absolutely right, his smile does brighten anyone's day! (And he is seriously the strongest kid I know!)
Happy Birthday Bode! Every time I see him I can’t help cracking a grin. He has an infectious smile. I love that cute little guy. And he is definitely strong; he was dragging me around the church like it was nothing... I still remember the first day I saw you guys at church, and I thought that Bode was the cutest little baby. You are right, time sure does fly!
Time does fly doesn't it? It's so crazy when another year comes and goes. Kids grow up too fast. (And sometimes not fast enough. ;)
Bode is such a sweetie! Happy birthday Bode!
Post a Comment