
At the beginning of June, I organized an Amazing Race activity. I called it the Amazing Race SLC, it was pretty fun. We had about 50 something people participate and they were all great sports!
After I received all of the RSVP's I put everyone on a team. They were then responsible to get me a team name by a certain date. Everyone did a great job with the team names! They received extra points if they had the team name and money into me by a certain date. They also received extra points if they dressed up in some way.
Here are the teams with the team names and the costumes:
THE A TEAM (They look awesome, right?)
DENALI DEVILS AND DARLINS ( Aren't they cute?)
5 SANDY SUCKERS AND A SPUD
THE PI'S (PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS, sorry the pic is a little dark, you can't see the faces too well) This team probably had the worst luck of the race...ticket...cab...need I say more?
All teams had to be at the starting place by 4:00 or they would have points deducted from their score. I wanted to start on time and we did start on time, everyone was there! Wow!
I went over the rules and answered questions before we started. When it was time to go, this is what it looked like:
Herds of people running to cars and cars taking off!
Collin and I were planning on being able to follow everyone during the race and just see what was going on. Didn't happen, everyone was quick to each stop that we were only able to make it to two stops.
The third stop was a "Road Block" the team had to choose one team member to swim 4 laps, dive off the diving board and go down a water slide. It was awesome to watch.
Here are a few pics (I decided not to post any of them actually swimming, I didn't want to be in trouble by anyone:)
Who's this guy?
Heidi is excited! I love it!
This girl (Jaci) was the only girl that swam, she jumped out of the car, ran to the pool, jumped in (in her clothes) and was done in a second (a little longer). She was awesome!
All done!
Cute Mexian Mafia chicks!
Go Green Daggers!
Cute Elisha!
Go Nicky!
John and Celest! So fun!
Sudweeks
Collin and Chad
Cute Haws and Sexy Lexee!
Beautiful Trisha!
The cute Darlin's!
One of the stops was to go where High School Musical was filmed take a picture, and fill in the blanks of a map. We were only able to catch a few teams there.
The Hard Balls
Road Kill
5 Sandy Suckers and a Spud
Overall I think the race turned out pretty good. I had a few mix-ups but everyone dealt with them okay. It was kind of a bummer that we couldn't find ice for the ice blocking and that I had so many activities that most teams were not able to accomplish everything. I just hope that everyone had a great time and had some awesome memories!
The PI's getting their award. The rest of the team had to leave...go Chad and Keysha!
Everyone enjoying dinner
The winner ended up being Road Kill. It was a toss up between them and 5 Sandy Suckers and a Spud. The 5 Sandy Suckers were first, but because of me, they didn't accomplish all of the tasks, so I gave it to the other team because they did everything! And it was pretty hard to get everything done in the time alloted (I planned too much. oops!)
Go Road Kill! And thanks Sandy Suckers for being such good sports!
Thanks everyone for participating,
you were AMAZING!
Love, Collin & Nat






4 comments:
That was so so so much fun! If you ever do it again I am going to make sure I just go as a white girl;)
Sad I missed all the fun! You are the best party thrower ever! You and Collin look so stinkin cute in the last picture!!!
I'm with Des, a white girl who wears tennis shoes and NOT flips flops! So much fun Nat, thanks for all your hard work in planning such a great night for so many. You're awesome!
I love all the pictures. Looks like a blast. We'll be there next time for sure.
Post a Comment