It is the middle of December and I have not posted anything about our fun Christmas Chain activities...reason being...we really have not done any. Ba-Humbug! I was discussing last night with my sister that sometimes we try to fit so much in that it seems to be a bit overwhelming, I have decided that I am overwhelmed and that is why not a lot has gone on here. But a few things have. Kind of. Here is a recap:
First, I thought I would take us back to November for a little Thanksgiving fun. The whole Van Wagoner side gathered at Stacy's for Thanksgiving dinner. We are almost outgrowing Stacy's house, we have become so big! Her and Shawn our fabulous for letting us come and invade her home, paint her bathroom with finger nail polish, get wood stain all over her wood kitchen floors and steal Buzz and Woody while we are at it. :)
The Catmull kids made enough place seating tags for everyone, that is 20 something tags...they were busy.
Stacy and mom had the table set beautifully...
Peiton was in a good mood for most of the time...shocking!
The whole crew
After dinner, laziness and crafts, we decorated the gingerbread houses. Ours did not win, am I surprised? No. But it was really weird, Corey's gingerbread house had like 30 votes, more than what was possible. I would have to say, Casey and Rachelle's was once again the cutest, but then Cru isn't old enough to decorate a tree yet. Just wait. :)
On to December we go...
*We did the Elf on the Shelf, which Peiton is still extremely scared of the Elf. Crazy girl.
*We read The Last Straw. This is a tradition that I had growing up and we have continued to do it in our family. We have been doing it for over a week now, and I think there are 6 pieces of straw in the manger. YES, I know, we are really good at doing things for others. I also decided that we are not going to draw names, just when you do something nice for somebody, put a piece of straw in, this will make my job much easier, since I am doing all the work for Bode and Peiton too.
* We (Coop and I) went to the Neighborhood Christmas Party. It was fun to sit and chat with good neighbors.
*Make Christmas suckers. Didn't happen.
*Read Christmas story. Check!
*Van Wagoner adult outing-Happened, was a lot of fun. We went to dinner at Spaghetti Mama's and went and saw the new Narnia. I have never seen Narnia, although Bode watches it quite often, so I get bits and pieces of it. I am not sure if I am a fan or not, kind of a little weird for me, the talking animals, the mouse that drops some weirdo lines, but it is deep, there is a cool meaning behind it. Maybe I should get it a try from the beginning.
*Johnson Family Christmas party-I heard it was fabulous and lots of fun, but Coop and I didn't make it. Coop woke up with a tummy ache, etc, etc..I spent the day helping him throw up, scratching his back, getting him medicine and 7-up (the cure to any upset stomach ;) and etc, etc...Collin took Bode and Peiton and they had a great time, that is until Santa showed up and believe it or not, Peiton freaked. Since I wasn't there, there aren't any pictures to show. I was bummed that I could make it, and I think Coop was a little more bummed than me.
*Temple Square-That is suppose to happen tonight, not happening. Cooper is still sick so we will not be making our appearance. Dang flu virus!
So that is the excitement of our December thus far...pretty exciting right? I will keep you posted on anything else exciting that has happened.






1 comment:
Thanks for the update. Love your big family and the get togethers you have. We have a wedding this week so of course we are all frantically running around. I told my two youngest teenagers that if they want to get married it better not be at Christmas time or they would have to elope. haha Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment