Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Breakfast, pictures & Nativity

The Sunday before Christmas has come and gone, o'my! I didn't really do Christmas outfits this year, but thanks to Collin's mom, Peiton did have one. I always like to do a group shot before we head to church the Sunday before Christmas. This is how we roll with picture taking....
You have to somehow figure out a way to keep Coop from being a goof ball.

Bode had been crying so his face is covered in tears and snot...like I said, that is how we roll.
Finally Coop isn't so goofy, look how cute he is.
Peiton can't look at the camera, and Bode is doing one of his many facial expression and advertising for Bath and Body Works.
Getting closer.
I think this is as good as we are going to get. Pretty cute.


Collins mom use to make Christmas breakfast every Christmas morning. As our kids got older, we decided it is too hard to make it to Christmas breakfast. We just want to spend the morning, lounging in PJ's and enjoying presents. So she did Christmas breakfast on this Sunday, it is always such a treat.
Bode had fun with the train.
Peiton was off that day, but really when is she not off? I left church with her a fourth of the way through church because she threw a tantrum and would not stop. She spent 1 hour in time out, yes, 1 hour. After timeout she still didn't stop crying, but finally crashed. We got to Collin's parents and had to be held the whole time and whined, and whined some more.
She did have a minute to stop and give cute Lexie kisses...
and pose for a picture. We wanted to do a Nativity, Peiton was suppose to be Mary. I had an outfit already for her, and guess what? She wouldn't wear it, surprised? Not really. I had it though, she was screaming and throwing another tantrum so mom and Peiton went and sat in the car while the Nativity took place. Thanks go Uncle Mat who was able to calm Peiton down and mommy in the car. Thanks Mat!
Bode was a Shepard, wore the custom for let's say, one minute.

Here is the whole Nativity crew. Aunt Emeline ended up being Mary and the one Shepard was missing. Cooper did make a cute Joseph. Notice Cooper is the only Richards kid in the picture. Typical.
The night ended with giggles and ice cream.



and a quesidillia.:)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Great family memories :)

Kristen said...

I would rather have a quesadilla than ice cream too!

Hollie said...

Do you ever think there will be a day when Peiton doesn't throw a tantrum?

KEYSHA said...

Quesadilla! (I am clicking my tongue as I say this!) What a good chuckle...glad to know Myka isn't the only one who is the "life of the party." Peiton has a mind of her own, and I love that about her (and that hair! Holy smokes! It is so long!) Cute Christmas pictures of the kiddos Nat...you never cease to amaze me with your patience:) Merry Christmas dear friend!

Kristen said...

Good to know there is another strong willed girl besides LuLu on the block. These two will be a force to be reckoned with! I think you did great with the pictures - it was better than my attempts!

Allison said...

So fun. I love Christmas traditions. And hey, just think that one day they will stop crying and be good. One day, I hope. :)

Rachelle said...

That pic of all 3 of them is so cute!!! And the one of Bode dressed up like a shepherd is awesome! Seriosly, I have never seen such a cute little smile...love them!

Tausha said...

Peiton is a very beautiful little girl. She takes after her Mom! Cute pics!! Hope you and your family had a great Holiday Season.

Amanda said...

Merry Christmas to you guys! Love the cute Nativity children. You have the cutest kids; and take great pic's of them! (It is frustrating!)
... I am sure one of these days you will have a day when Peiton doesn't throw a tantrum; I'm hoping for you. :)...Anabell is very stubborn too; hopefully they'll grow out of it?

Thanks again for doing our card; we got yours & love it! Hope to see you soon! xoxo