Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Vacation

For Easter weekend we took a trip down to sunny St. George with Collin's family. Besides the driving, the vacation was great. The driving got a little chaotic, but we managed to make it. (I told Collin this is the furthest we will be driving with the kids for a long time.) Peiton slept maybe 15 minutes of the 4 hours drive, Bode did great and slept 2 hours, and Cooper just couldn't quit asking "Are we close yet?" Bless his heart, it is a long drive for a little 6 year old. The drive was well worth it once we got there. We stayed at Green Valley and had a fabulous condo. The first night was a little crazy, I think Collin and I saw every hour pass, as Peiton just wasn't sure what was going on. So we took care of that problem, Benadryl on the way...she slept like a baby should sleep the rest of the trip.
The kids enjoying themselves at the park...Bode got a little out of control with the sand.

The next day Collin was able to go golfing while I stayed in the condo with the boys. And that is what we basically did, stayed in the condo. It isn't worth it to take the kids out and chase Bode around while trying to keep a hold of Peiton. We did venture out to the park for a little bit. It wasn't too crazy. Thank goodness Cooper had his cousins to keep him entertained.

After Collin got back, we were ready to go to the swim pool. Cooper was a little fish and had so much fun. Bode did great too, and Peiton watched by the sidelines. She did have the cutest little swimsuit on though, too bad I didn't get a picture of it.

Fun at the pool

On Saturday we woke up and went to the sand dunes. The kids had so much fun, jumping, rolling and collecting as much sand as possible on their clothes and little bodies.

Family fun


Bode at the Dunes


Coop at the dunes

Having some fun....
The next day was Easter Sunday. The kids woke up to hidden baskets left by the Easter Bunny. We then went to church and came back for a yummy breakfast brunch. We finished the day off with eating, Easter egg hunt, eating, relaxation, eating, walks, eating, and bedtime.




Ready for church


Peiton and her Easter dress


Fun Easter activities

On Monday morning we headed back. It was a great little get away that we all enjoyed. Thanks Holly and Charlie for putting it together and for the great memories! We love you!



23 comments:

Kathy said...

Your family is so cute! Benadryl works every time!

Keysha said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a fabulous weekend...filled with warm weather. (it was nice here, but not ST. George warm!) I love how you arranged your pictures--it makes it easy to view. Peiton in her little Easter dress is the cutest picture ever! Can't wait to hear more about it! Oh--it also sounds like you were able to see Kathryn--fun!

Heidi Totten said...

Looks wonderful! How did you do your pictures like that? That's cool! :) I'm jealous of your tan!

Aly said...

St. George! I am so jealous. Look at all those darling pictures you took. What a darling post this was. I love love your hair curly by the way. So cute. It looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Stacy said...

Looks like you guys had fun, we sure missed you this weekend! My friend Julie said she ran into you down there. She said and I quote her words.. your sister is one cute lady... I agree.

Olson's said...

Sounds like so much fun! You have the cutest family. I loved the pictures of Peiton with a hair clip (lucky her, she's got great hair like her mom) and of you family dressed for church on Easter morning. Glad you guys had a good time and I hope you get little missy back on her sleeping schedule :)

Kelly said...

We had so much fun with you guys too! Your post is much better than mine, I have GOT to get photoshop! You're little family is darling. Love you guys!

jamie said...

Nat, the pictures look amazing! You are so so great at this blog stuff. The pic of charlie and bode walking away is WAY TOO CUTE!
Take care, you have a beautiful family!

Alicia said...

The picture of Charlie and Bode walking away together in the sand... PRICELESS! Looks like a great Easter Vacation!

RaCHeL said...

What a fun Easter vacation! It looks like you guys had way too much fun. :)

Jewels said...

You are a vacationing fool! How would it be to be Nat. Cruise one week, St. George the next...what's next? :)

Amanda said...

Looks like so much fun, I'm sad we weren't in St. George to see you guys! Your picture's look great, I love the family Easter picture, what a beautiful family!!!

Anonymous said...

Cutest little family ever. Sounds like you had loads of fun:)
Jealous that you were able to swim, but we will be able to do that sooner than later (hopefully).

dupaix5 said...

I am so jealous, another warm getaway! I really need a vacation! Your family is way too cute, and you always look so good--how do you do it! I love your picture layouts, you really need to teach a blogging 101 class.

Anonymous said...

I love this post and the photos of your beautiful family. And I also agree, you need to teach a blogging class....in fact, why don't I send you my photos and you can take over my blog.....which, by the way, don't look at it because I still haven't worked on it!

Kari said...

What a great weekend and the pictures of your fam are adorable!! Glad the Benadryl worked!!

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

Hey Nat!! love the pictures and Peiton can't get any cuter. the one in the sink is so cute and I love the easter dress. Thank you so much for the cute Blog!!! I love love love it!!! Thanks so much for everything. It was sooo good to spend some time with you. Love you!!!

Kehl Family said...

Natalie,
I was just on Judd and Heidi's blog and linked to yours again. You have such a darling family and Bode looks adorable with his buzz (what a stud). He makes me excited to see what Tommy might be like at that age... wild I'm sure. Anyway we need to get together and do lunch. I am dying to see Bode in person. I am leaving town Monday for a week but we really should plan something when I get back.
Kelley Kehl

Tawnya said...

Oh...how nice St George sounds right now! I REALLY want a girl when I see all the cute pictures of Peiton! If you guys aren't going to Europe soon, maybe we can get together with the kids one night next week :)

Allison said...

love the Benadryl. Great for cross-country traveling as well. Your Peiton is growing up so fast. She is beautiful!

Jared and Casi said...

It looks so nice and warm. I could go for a little of that right about now. You kids are adorable.

Kari said...

Wow your blog looks fantastic! You were so close to Vegas, only 2 more hours and we could've seen you guys! Oh well, maybe next time....I loved the pics of your cruise too, it looks like you guys had a blast! I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat! Your blog is so cute! I'm glad I found it. Now maybe I can see you more than just at Christmas and memorial day! It was fun seeing you and your sisters today. You guys are always so much fun! You look awesome, you're always so cute.