Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Let's go fly a kite...

What a great day to fly a kite, 60 degrees, sun and wind....and let me tell you, there was wind. When we went on our cruise, we brought Cooper back a CHEAP. little Spider man kite. They were everywhere in Mexico, and they knew how to fly them (they did probably get 12 hours a day of practice), they made it look so simple. But today we discovered that they were not that simple. The "Kite Master" Lou Lou, was the only one to get hers in the air. Good job Lou, Lou! Keysha and Carsen came pretty close, and Coop and I got ours in knots before it even left the ground. I did realize today, it takes skills to fly a kite...at least one from Mexico that is sold on the streets.
Cooper and Spiderman

Our darling audience.


Bode doing a great job flying the Dora kite. The only problem is he would run forward instead of backwards. It soon became a great workout for me.







Here I am trying to figure out how to untangle this hideous kite.

This "Spider" isn't going anywhere.


Somehow Bode would get tangled in the kite string. He thought it was pretty hilarious. I think he may have started to do it on purpose.








Finishing the adventure off with a quick play on the playground. By this time the wind was a brewing, Peiton was a screaming and Bode was a runnin' on the loose. (The leash attached to him only lasts for so long....yes it is a leash, there is no way I can handle him and Peiton at the same time. Bode is constantly on the go. Thanks to Lou Lou he was able to ride home in her stroller so I didn't have to chase him home, or to where ever his little legs will take him.)













12 comments:

KEYSHA said...

Hooray for Herriman wind, which equals excellent kite flying weather! Let's try again without the cheap Mexico kites. If nothing else, we got out of the house and hopefully exhausted our children into an excellent night of sleep.....

Shannon said...

At least it looks like Coooper was still happy and in a good mood even though his kite wouldn't fly. Your kids, and you, are so cute.

Hollie said...

Note to self, never buy kites from Mexico. Looks like Cooper still had a good time though, and Bode, and Peiton.

Kathy said...

Kites are so much fun! The joys of living on the west side, it is always windy!

Paige said...

Hey Nat! Did your sister tell you that we are in the same ward? I teach Britta in primary. I love her, she is the sweetest little girl. She cracks me up every sunday. Your cruise looks like so much fun. I am jealous.

Rebecca said...

Holy cow what cute kids! I love peeking in on the VW girl blogs! You guys are all so talented, fun and full of energy. Tell Stacy I'd like to be able to post to hers but am locked out :) Also - don't know why my post is preceded with "The Family" title - I'll have to have Shelbs fix that. Hope to see you guys soon. Rebecca

Laurie said...

Nat you have the dang cutest kids I've ever seen! And you're not so bad yourself. (so photogenic)
I need to get my kids out for a kite day, heaven knows we have enough wind for it!

Allison said...

Looks like so much fun. I love Spring!

Rachelle said...

Fun Nat!!!Tangels and all - it still looks fun! Peiton is so freaking cute!

Olson's said...

Good job getting out and enjoying the day! Sorry the kites didn't work so well - they looked like they would have been so much fun.

The kids all looked adorable and they must have had a lot of fun because they were all smiles!!

Kristen said...

Oh that looks like fun! I'll bet the kids had a great time!

Stacy said...

Fun day nat- we tried to fly kites today it was a little too windy. I like the last picture of bode ready to go down the slide.