Tuesday, May 5, 2009

24 hour getaway

This past weekend we did St. George, or should I say Hurricane in 24 hours. Leslie and I had to go do another race to guarantee us a spot in the St. George Marathon and Allison came along just for fun. She was a riot and we were glad she came. We thought we would make it a quick trip and leave Friday late afternoon and just come back right after the race. We now have learned that you don't do road trips quick, if we are going we might as well make it long, coming back Sunday would have been much better, although the 24 hours was pretty fun too.

We left about 4:15 and made our way to Hurricane, Utah. The drive went quick because there was much to talk about.

We booked ourselves a room and the Super 8 motel, it was everything i imagined a Super 8 to look like. We were a little nervous even sitting on the bedspread taking this picture...you know what they say about hotel bedspreads:)

It was overcast and rainy the day of the race, but perfect running weather. Lou and I were planning on doing the 1/2 marathon, but due to yet another injury I had to do the 5k (it actually felt quite nice being done after 3 miles). Lou stuck with the 1/2 marathon and did great. When we were done we got ready and were back on the road by 10:30.






In front of our awesome motel door...room 206 baby!




One last shot! The motel actually worked out great, it was right by the race and pretty cheap.

We decided that on the way home we were going to stop and have some lunch and then we planned to stop and see a movie too. We picked X-men (Lou is a HUGE Hugh Jackman fan, I mean HUGE!) So we stopped in AF and grabbed some delish Cafe Rio and caught the 2:00 show of X-Men. It was a great show, a little violent, but pretty good.

We were home by 5:10 and the kids were anxiously awaiting my arrival (not really, they were probably pretty upset that I was home, dad is much more fun).


12 comments:

Jaci said...

OH- That looks like so much fun. I am looking forward to a long run after my month of not being able to run. So good to catch up today. Thanks for comming over for lunch. You look fab.

KEYSHA said...

Sad I missed out! You forgot to mention that you took 1st place in your age division Nat! Yeah, that's right..you rocked your run! (No surprise there!)

Allison said...

Not only did you take 1st place in your age division but 11th overall (right?) That is awesome! It was so much fun. I had a blast. And next time let's make it at least 48 hours!

Jenny and Jared said...

FIRST PLACE!!! WOW! Way to go! Lou Lou told me that you placed but I didn't know it was first! I'm friends with a Gold medalist!! Glad you were able to get out and have some girl time. I bet it was so much fun. See you soon.

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

I am so sad that I missed out. You guys are so darling! I am in for sure for the next one :) You guys are so amazing! I look up to you so much! Thanks for being such good examples.

rach said...

Girls trips are the best, but for sure you need more than 24 hours to get caught up on life. Congrats on the race, you're my idol. I'm still trying to convince myself that races are fun. Take care--

Rachelle said...

Good call Keysha and letting everyone know about Nat's victory...I just kept reading and just knew you wouldnt say anything about it Nat! NICE WORK!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you are a mad woman when it comes to running. When I finally have this baby and start trying to run I am using you as one of my inspirations to get back in shape:)

Summer said...

Way to go, Natalie!! (Good friend, Allison. :D)

shelbell said...

Way to go! Sounds fun, and you are in great shape girl! Nothing like a little gal pal time crammed into a quick trip!

DeJong Family said...

Its not surprise that you took First place!!! you ROCK STAR! Glad to see you had fun :)

loulou said...

Did natalie mention she placed in the 5k? I tired to get her to wear her metal to church, but she modestly refused to do so!