I really can't believe Cooper has started 2nd grade, WOW, where does the time go. He is such a sweetheart and I just don't want him to get older, he is at such a great stage in life.
Well 2nd grade for Cooper has been pretty great, besides the night before. About the week before I stared prepping him and getting him excited about starting and he was doing great. He kept telling me he wasn't nervous and that it was fine. Well the night before he was getting ready for bed and he broke down, crying uncontrollably...it was pretty sad. Collin hadn't had a chance to give him a blessing yet, so we did it then. He calmed down a little bit, but still pretty much cried himself to sleep. What do you do as a parent? He has to go and you know he will be fine once he is there, but it is that initial thought of doing something new that just scares you to death...it scares me to death too.
He woke up and I asked him how he was doing, and he said "okay, just a little nervous still..." the tears were being held back, only a few escaped this time. As we got breakfast done and he got his backpack, I could tell he was feeling a little better. His friends came and picked him up and we were off, 2nd grade, here comes Cooper Richards! We got there and he found out that he was in a portable, he was stoked! He then saw his teacher come out and I think all his nerves were at ease...she was darling! Just a young teacher out of school for a couple years and she looked like a lot of fun. His nerves were eased and so were mine.







8 comments:
Oh- what a sweetheart. Isn't it crazy how quickly kids grow up? The first day of school was always a little scary for me- I was so shy. Its going to be worse as a parent I'm sure- you always worry so much about them. Glad it turned out well.
I just LOVE Cooper! He is so cute and sooooo sweet! He will do great in second grade!
I can't believe they are in 2nd grade either. They are the cutest kids.
How cute is that picture of Ali and Coop. I am so glad that they are buddies and that they have each other. I know that Ali was nervous because they weren't in the same class, but I think she is okay now. As lon as she can PLAY with Coop at recess.
Oh sweet little Coop. Has a heart just like his mom. Glad it went good.
Love that kid! Glad he likes his teacher too. LOVE that pic of the 3 kids. Bode looks so sweet and Pei's hair is AWESOME! ;)
Oh Coop...He is so cute! And way to go on the Spudman! That is awesome...you look fine in that sexy water suit!
He's such a sensitive little guy!! Someday he's going to have a very grateful wife. ;) Happy second grade, Coop!!
Cooper is such a cute kid! He looks just like his dad to me. I'm sure he'll knock 'em dead in 2nd grade. And it's good he likes the portables. I'm not to sure on those things. :)
Post a Comment