Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dressed in White

I can't believe the time came for Cooper to get baptized...it came up WAY to fast!
We have been trying to prepare him for this day and I think he was so ready. I thought he might be a little nervous just because that is the way he gets when he is doing something new, but he did great! The day was awesome!

Cooper and Collin before the baptism

We had a great baptism program. Cooper choose the speakers and all the musical numbers and everyone did such a great job. We had a lot of family and friends there to support Coop and we appreciated it so much. I love days that you are just surrounded by love ones, the day could go on and on it is so great.

Mom, dad and Cooper
He looked so handsome in his tie!



Cooper with Grandma and Grandpa Van Wagoner




Cooper with Grandpa and Grandma Richards




Cooper with Great Grandma and Grandpa Johnson




Cooper with Great Grandma Van Wagoner





After the baptism everyone was invited to a luncheon over at our house...yummm!
Everyone pitched in and helped bring something and it turned out delicious and fun. It was great to chat with family and friends.



Thanks everyone for coming and supporting our family, once again...we loved having you there.
And Cooper, I am so proud of you for making the choice to get baptized and I am so proud of the daily choices you make that make you the GREAT kid you are!
I love you!








9 comments:

Tausha said...

Congratulations Cooper, you are a great example to your family. I don't even know you but I am still proud of the choice you made to be baptized.

Jackie said...

Wow! I can't believe it has already been 3 years since we taught Cooper on Sundays. That went by WAY to fast for sure. Congrats Cooper!

Summer said...

Wow!! Way to go you guys! You're so great for documenting and helping him to remember this special day- it's one we're always trying to remember, no?

Williams Tale Overture said...

Congratulations Cooper!!

shelbell said...

Crazy that you have an 8 year old!! What a fun day, and what a handsome little guy. Congratulations:)

Emily said...

I love baptism day! That is wonderful!

rach said...

how sweet. those are the sweetest moments in life that we can be proud as a mom. Take care-

KEYSHA said...

What a great baptism; so glad Cooper is Carsen's idol! You have an incredible family and what a great day for all of you! Thanks for letting us be a part of Coop's big day.

Anonymous said...

He is such a darling boy!!!
Congrats Cooper! You are lucky to have awesome parents to help you make good decisions and follow the promptings of the spirit:)