I can't believe it has been 3 years since Bode was born. Time really does fly by. I still remember the day he was born, it is so clear to me, all the thoughts going through my head. "Was I going to be able to take care of a child with special needs?" "What is he going to be like?" So many questions. But let me tell you, we wouldn't trade this little boy for anything! We are so blessed to have him in our home and be a part of our family, we could not imagine our life without him. He is so full of character and personality. There is not a day that goes by, that he doesn't have us cracking up. He lights up a room when he walks in, people just draw to him.
The road hasn't always been easy, but it has been well worth it. Bode has taught us so many things. Lets start with patience, he had taught me to be better mother and have patience with him and his siblings. With him not being able to talk yet, my patience has really been tried, but my patience gets stronger and stronger each day. He has taught me to enjoy the simple things, he lives in such a simple mind, the simple things are the things that make him happy, and I have also learned to have the simple things make me happy. The list could go on and on of the things that he has taught me.
The road hasn't always been easy, but it has been well worth it. Bode has taught us so many things. Lets start with patience, he had taught me to be better mother and have patience with him and his siblings. With him not being able to talk yet, my patience has really been tried, but my patience gets stronger and stronger each day. He has taught me to enjoy the simple things, he lives in such a simple mind, the simple things are the things that make him happy, and I have also learned to have the simple things make me happy. The list could go on and on of the things that he has taught me.






4 comments:
Hooray for Bode! The big 3! Happy Birthday little buddy--thanks for being you and being such a special person in our life!!! (we have a little present...I will bring it over soon!)
Wow, Nat I can't believe he is three. I love what you wrote about him, you are such an incredible person and mother. Thanks for your example and happy birthday Bode!
You are an amazing mom. I admire you in so many ways. Happy Birthday Bode!
What a good mom you are Natalie!
Post a Comment