It seems like I have been posting a lot of things about Bode lately, I guess turning 3 is a big milestone in one's life. Well today was a huge milestone for me and for Bode (I think more for me, than Bode). You wouldn't think going to preschool is that big of a deal, but when your 3 year old goes to school on a big bus, it kind of worries you just a little bit.

So, Bode started preschool TODAY! I have been kind of excited about it because it will give me 2 1/2 hours of free time a day (well besides taking care of Peiton). But, today I had mixed feelings. With the program that he is in, they provide transportation in a school bus. It is really great because it will make it so I don't have to take and pick him up from school. To make the whole transition a little less scary and sad, I decided that I would take him to school and then he could come home on the bus (this would help both Bode and I). He went to class great, he loves going to school and the teachers are great with him. As we got there he did see a big yellow school bus, he seemed pretty excited to see it, which made me a little less worried. Well, school ended at 1:30, so there was a little anxious mother, closely watching out the window from 1:30 on.. (who knows, maybe they would be a little early). I was just hoping everything went okay. Well, the bus pulled up about 1:45, and there was a sleeping Bode on board. After he woke up he realized he was home and was so excited. The driver said that he was nervous and did alright, I could tell there had been some tears, which broke my heart. Although, after a couple of more rides, I think he will do great. So, I guess we will see when the big yellow bus comes to pick him up on Thursday. Cross your fingers that everything will go okay!

Already for school

Bode's little friend Aleah gave him this backpack for his birthday. It was a great gift because mommy kind of forgot about getting a backpack for school. And even better, it has Diego on it, perfect! Thanks Aleah!!
3 comments:
That would be hard to put your little 3 year old on that big ol' school bus! I think its so cute he fell asleep on the way home.
I love it! Can we bring Aleah over on Thursday to welcome Bode home from school? She would think it is so cool that her friend gets to ride on a big yellow bus. Glad Bode liked the backpack-
What a little sweetheart! I can't even imagine how that would be to put your baby on a big old bus. Good job to Bode, he is so brave!
Post a Comment