Monday, March 17, 2008

{Green food & Leprechauns}

As all of you know, today was St. Patty's day and our day was full of GREEN, maybe too much green (we will see in a day or two). First, the kids woke up to green pancakes. At first Cooper was not to sure about them, but once he tasted them, he was sold. Now for Bode, he was a little bothered that he did not get his regular yogurt, and Life cereal....so hard to please.Green pancakes
Bode a little bothered by the green pancakes.

Happy Boy!
Later that afternoon, I took Peiton to the doctor and when I came back there was Leprechaun footprints outside and inside our house. (I have know idea how they got there????) When Cooper came home from school, he saw them and was fascinated. He told me he looked around at all the other houses and there weren't any on their porches. He was then convinced only the Leprechauns visit the good boys, and he had been extra good.

When he came into the house the footprints led to a plate full of cookies and "GOLD" aka Snickers. There was also some "Blarney dust" left behind by our little Leprechaun. Cooper was excited to see what the "Blarney dust" would make.




The "Blarney Dust" was once white and now it is green...amazing! Those Leprechauns sure are smart. (hint...pistachio pudding)
The next part of our St. Patty's day was dinner. We had a full on, green dinner! Green chicken, green rice, green broccoli, green jello and green punch. Coop thought it was pretty cool, and Bode enjoyed the jello.
The "Green" meal
(It was more appetizing than it looks...doesn't look to yummy!)






Little "Pei Pei" enjoyed all the festivities too. Nothing better than green peas!








17 comments:

Keysha said...

What a "green" day. I am lame and forgot. I was in the car headed to little gym when I realized what the date was! So, I ran back in and grabbed a green basketball jersey and had Carsen throw it on over his clothes. I then proceeded to tell him about St. Patty's day all the way to class....he didn't like the idea of being pinched and thought there would be crabs involved???? Maybe next year we will try the 'green theme.'

Hollie said...

Nothing better than some Blarney Dust on St. Patty's day. I can't wait until Drew gets into all this stuff. I always loved it when the leprechaun came to visit our house.

RaCHeL said...

Way fun! I remember having the leprechauns visit me when I was little. You are a darling, creative mom! :)

Amanda said...

What a fun day! I'm sure you're kids all LOVED it, you are a darling and very creative mom! How fun! I will have to remember that for the near future, that's really a cute idea.

Kristen said...

That is so cute!! Graham was a bit irritated that his milk was green at dinnertime. All this effort to be a fun mom met by skeptical kids!! You went above and beyond though!

Kelly said...

Once again Nat, you've out done yourself. Way to go. I TOTALLY spaced it and even sent Connor to school without wearing green. I'll plan better for next year. cute idea!

Heidi Totten said...

You rock! I totally forgot until I saw my trainer last night who was decked out. My kids didn't wear green. Lame. Now I am inspired for next year.

Shannon said...

It's nice that your kids were excited and cooperated. Charlie threw a fit about wearing green (the first time he has ever cared about what he wore) he thinks leprechauns are "scurry" and if I tried to serve green food their full plates would have ended up on the floor. Ok, so maybe St. Patty's Day isn't our holiday or maybe they're still a little too young to understand. Oh well, Easter is just 5 days away and hopefully Charlie won't think the Easter Bunny is "scurry".

Anonymous said...

Natalie....you are such an awesome Mom!!! Fun ideas!!! And Peiton is so adorable!!!

Aly said...

Darling pics. That might be one of the cutest pictures of Bode! Love that face! So dang cute. What a cute mommy you are!

Kathy said...

You are so creative,sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Jacki said...

Nat your such a good little mommy! I totally spaced doing all of those fun things this year. Maybe that was why you were so crabby yesterday:) Oh, yesterday wasn't St. Patrick's Day. Love ya.

Palmer Family said...

Can't wait for my kids to get a little oder so that I can do fun stuff with them. Great Ideas!!

Brittany said...

Can you be a cuter Mom. I thought I was doing good by turning my kids' milk green. How fun! Peiton is sooo cute and getting so big :(

Anonymous said...

You are seriously the cutest mom ever! Don't let Coop tell Ali. She will want you to be her new mom instead of me:)
I am lame! Hopefully next year I will only be at work while they are in school and can get some good ideas for you.

Love ya

Leisha

Stacy said...

Nat you are so the coolest, greatest, awesomest, most creative, kind, beautiful,darling,amazing, wonderful, special, attentive, skinniest mom EVER! We did do the prank thing, what is it that makes a kid think that green toilet water is the coolest thing ever. St. Patty's is Shawn's Bday and we usually do it up good, but I was a loser this year. Didn't even get him a cake. So I guess that makes me the ugliest,fattest, uncreative, unattentive, undarling,not special at all wife Ever! Oh well.. there is always next year. Looks like you guys had a fun day. cute pics of the kids. I like the green dinner idea I don't even think mom did that when we were younger. Way to start your own traditions.

Jewels said...

What a fun mom you are! I will be going back to your blog when Colby gets older for all the fun things you do.