Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am a child of God..

Today was our Primary Program in sacrament meeting. It was darling. I always look forward to the primary programs each year. I think it is probably one of every one's favorite sacrament meetings. First of all our primary presidency is so amazing, they love each and everyone of these kids and care so much about them. The program was so well put together and you felt the spirit so strong.
Bode was able to participate in the program this year. I had no idea how he would do when they started practicing. But, to my surprise he did great. During all of the practices, he stayed on the stand and just kind of sat there and did his thing. Today he was a little thrown off (he likes routine, and if he is off routine he isn't quite sure what to do and he gets pretty frustrated). So when we got there, he wasn't sitting on the stand like he had practiced, he was sitting down on the seats until it was the primaries turn, he didn't like this and thought it was his chance to run free around the church (we fight him with this EVERY Sunday). But, when the program started he went right up and sat in his seat, he was darling.
Anyway Cooper and Bode both had a part and Cooper did great, he said it clear and he sang darling (well what he sang, he sang darling...once again, not a big singer). Bode had a a little part and you know he still can't talk, so he needed a little help. Before each child said their parts, they were to say their names and then say "I am a child of God." One of the counselors that was helping Bode stood with him and said..."This is Bode Richards, and he is a Child of God....the tears came to my eyes, and they do again as I type this. It hit me again, right then, I thought how lucky I was to have this special Child of God, that brings so much joy to my life and then on the other hand he brings so much stress but I am so grateful for that because it teaches me patience, and you need it with this little guy. I am so blessed to be his mother and my family is so blessed to have him in our family, we couldn't imagine our life's without this little guy. He then continued by holding up a Book of Mormon and a big ole' Bode smile, which is to die for.

Like I said before, we have an amazing presidency. They have been so good with Bode and so good to take him off our hands and teach him the gospel and let him participate like all of the other children in the ward. I know they love him and want the best for him, even though they loose him every now and again...j/k:)

20 comments:

KEYSHA said...

It was a wonderful program! The primary presidency is the best I have ever seen....and I agree; they really do love each and every kid. They are always so patient and loving and truly in tune with the spirit in their planning.

Your kids did great! Cooper said his lines so well, and I too became teary-eyed when Bode was up there. I felt lucky knowing that he is my little friend!

Tebbs Times said...

I love to hear your thoughts and love for Bode. What a special little guy he is...it makes me think if all the joys and stresses that Doug and Tausha will experience with their Sam. Thanks for the tear jerker as I read about your primary program. You are such a great little Mama!!

Preslee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preslee said...

How CUTE!!! Primary programs ARE SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! A girl in my grade has downs, and i just love hanging out with her, sometimes she says the FUNNIEST and CUTEST things!
:)

Marcy said...

That was an amazing Primary Program… I think that Bode brought tears to everyone’s eyes when he did his part. He is such a sweet little boy and brings a smile to anyone’s face. We just love him so much and are so impressed by you and Collin; you can tell that you guys love him so much! He is so lucky to be part of your family. We love you guys!!!

Cooper you are getting so old. You did such a great job on your part! You’re one of the big kid now!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

I couldn't agree more! We have an amazing Primary Presidency. I became emotional when Sara helped Bode too. He is such a special spirit!

All the kids are incredible. The spirit was so strong!!

Brittany said...

It brought tears to my eyes just reading it, I bet he was darling! You guys are the cutest parents I know. I am so sorry I did not make it to the witch party first off I had no idea until I got the email from you and I checked that the day of the blasted party, it looked like a blast. You are so dang cute!

Hollie said...

That's great that they have a little role for Bode. We all love him so much and are so grateful that God sent him to our family.

Post-it Notes said...

Super cute post. I can just picture Bode's smile while he is holding the Book of Mormon. That is wonderful that you have such a great presidency.

I know, how funny to run into each other at the airport. I wish we could have visited longer.

Trisha Paddock said...

Oh Nat, this post brought tears to my eyes...I wish I could've been there to see the program! I heard it was very special. You and Collin are such amazing human beings and its not a surprise that the Lord has blessed you both with such beautiful children! I love watching you and Collin with your children especially Bode....he is such a special little spirit and he is so irresistable!

Trisha Paddock said...

BTW-Thanks again for making those copies!!! And if you ever thought of going into business by selling those sugar cookies...you would put Smart Cookies out of business!

Michelle said...

I love it!! YOur story also brought tears to my eyes. You are an amazing mommy and a great example. thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

Well I guess no one can read this without getting a little teary-eyed and I am no exception. You're a great mom and Bode is as lucky to have you as you are to have him.

Jenny and Jared said...

I loved the program- it is one of my favorites each year too. Both of your kids did so great- they are so sweet! It was fun to see little peiton crawling around too. Jace loved her!

Em said...

We just had ours too, like you i look forward to it every year. the kids spirits just shine when they are up there sings to their moms and dads

Emily said...

I am Emily, Lynelle's sister-in-law. I loved... LOVED reading that post! It too brought tears to my eyes. I feel so blessed to have my little Justin. We had one rough day, just Friday, when we found out that our 6 month old was DS. Not that we were angry, but just felt lost and alone. I wanted to hold him and protect him from this world. As the few days have passed, I have felt incredibly blessed and thankful that my sweet boy chose ME to be his mommy! I want only the best for my angel and I will do everything in my power to give him that! We always felt something special about him and are so excited for our journey, even though it may sometimes be difficult! Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. That meant a lot to me! Maybe as time goes on we will meet or have a chance to talk. XOXO emilyquicknfamily.blogspot.com

Annie Miller said...

I am seriously crying right now...tissue and all. This one's a bit emotional for me. I was released Sunday as the Primary President in our ward and I have such mixed feelings. Our program was last week and I was a bawl baby through that too. I am so glad your children are having a great experience. Bode is adorable! I will miss my primary days :)

Lish or Coors said...

Ohhhh.....that just brought tears to my eyes. He is a precious little guy and I feel very lucky to have married into your family and have the opportunity to know him. He is a sweetheart and we love him!

Olson's said...

Nat- I've been meaning to comment on this post forever......thank-you for the kind compliments about the program. Without our amazing primary children the program wouldn't have been nearly as special. Bode and the non-singing Cooper :) helped to make everything a success. I am so grateful to be serving with the children of our ward - there's no place better than the primary!

Love your kids!!!

Kelli Spencer said...

I am bawling right now! You have no idea how much I look up to you. You are truly an incredible mom, you always go above and beyond what a good mom does so that you are a great mom, even when it is exhausting! You and Collin have beautiful kids and I am so lucky that I have been given the chance to get to know you. Thanks for all you do for me and your example...