I love going to This is the Place Monument Park! My kids love it too. We have been going with my family for about 4 or 5 years now, each year it gets better because the kids get older and enjoy it more. They have so much to do that you need a full day there. The only bad thing is that it gets so hot and gets the gets tired so it is hard to stay a full day.
Some of our favorites this year were....The little train ride (Bode loved this, look at his face in the picture on the little train)
Riding the ponies
Petting all of the sheep and goats
Buying candy at the store (Coop's favorite)
Making a arrowhead necklace
Peiton's triple bee sting...okay not so fun! She walked right through a beehive and got stung 3 times. She was screaming (photo below).

If you need something to do and want to teach your kids a little pioneer heritage, take them here. It is a little more adapted for the older kids, they seem to like it a little more. You also do a lot of walking (just like the pioneers...) so they get tired quickly and get thirsty, bring lots of cold water.Thanks mom for another fabulous day at This is the Place!






3 comments:
I have been wanting to take my kids here. We were so close to Nauvoo I think it would be fun for them to see where they ended up. :) Thanks for the advice! COLD WATER and a stroller will be taken!
I've never brought the kids here - maybe when Graham goes off track next month (and when it's cooler!) Poor P! 3 stings- SAD!
I have never been there and always wanted to go. I need to do it. Looks like fun. But I sure hate bee stings!
Post a Comment