Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Last Straw

Day #8-The Last Straw

I love this family tradition! I have been doing it as long as I can remember, it is such a fun tradition. It is a story about a little family who's mom thinks their home does not have the Christmas spirit. So they do a little activity to hopefully get the Christmas spirit in their home. They each draw names and the name that they draw they are to do something nice for that person all week long. Every time they do something nice they put a piece of straw in the baby manger that will be full and soft for baby Jesus on Christmas Eve. Each week they draw new names. It focuses mostly on a little boy that continues to get the same name and he really struggles with it. It is a great story.
This year I am kind of excited because Cooper is old enough to really get it and participate, it won't be me doing everyone's secret elf. In fact I came into my room this morning with my bed all made (at least made to the capability of a 8 year old) it made me so happy. Love that kid.

6 comments:

ParkerMama said...

Oh, I so need to add this to our list of traditions.

Heidi said...

What a great idea! I would love it too if Caleb made my bed for me!

Stacy said...

I dig how you are blogging about things you didn't do this year...funny. You wouldn't want to forget that you bailed on the neighbors and on temple square. we were supposed to go on monday we didn't either...but i am not ambitious enough to blog about it.

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

So cute! Way to go Cooper!

brandy said...

What a sweet tradition! I bet he just loved doing something nice for his cute mama!!

Happy New Year!!