Thursday, December 3, 2009

Live Nativity

Day #3- Live Nativity

We love the live nativity, or at least I love it. My sisters stake does this every other year and it is AMAZING! So much work goes into this and the finished product is great. This year was a little tricky, I didn't have Collin with me so I had to rely on my sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews and friends to help me make it. We made it, barely.

This is before we got in line. The line is HUGE. We were lucky and got there early, Shawn and Stacy got there earlier and got us a good spot in line. I couldn't really imagine waiting 1 1/2 hours in line with my kids. We only had it about 45 minutes.
Stacy was smart and got a close parking spot and left all the kids in her car so they could stay warm. I didn't see it, but I heard that Bode wrestled them all to the ground. He was loving it.
I had Peiton with me and she was great at first and then she just started saying "go, go" she was freezing...it was freezing.
When the line got closer and the kids had enough of Bode wrestling him, we got them out of the car and brought them to the line. That is when it kind of started falling apart.
Peiton started crying (notice her beautiful makeup on her face) and Bode didn't want to stay in line, so low and behold I gave him my camera, again (yes he broke it last time, but then I gave it to Peiton and she dropped it and it fixed itself. Amazing.) So the camera kept Bode busy for a while and I just focused on Pei.
Here are a few of the good shots Bode got, he didn't get many. Most of them where of shoes, the ground, rears, and who knows what.

We got closer to the nativity and Bode started loosing it and Pei continued to loose it. Thank goodness I now had help from my good friends Rach and TJ...thank you, thank you. TJ took Bode for a while and again I worked on Pei. It was our turn to go in and Bode wanted nothing to do with it, neither did Peiton. We got in and Bode screamed bloody murder, he was scared to death. So to save everybody from a awful experience with a dreadful scream from two little children, I exited as fast as I good leaving Coop with Rach and TJ.
We made it to the car and waited for them to come out. So we waited in a 45 minute line for nothing...wrong. TJ and Rach came back and watched the kids while I was able to run through with my sister Hollie. I said I was okay and didn't need to, but I am sure glad I did. I have been through this nativity a couple times and every time I tear up. I just leave filling the Christmas spirit and reassuring me why we celebrate Christmas. It is overwhelming to see this little newborn laying in a manger and in your mind you are picturing that it is Jesus on the day that he was born. I am grateful for this stake on putting this together, so me and many others can feel the Christmas spirit. I am also grateful for those that help me so that I can do things like this without my hubby. Thanks!

3 comments:

ParkerMama said...

I love that you were able to make your way to see the Nativity. It really makes the season, doesn't it?

brandy said...

Oh, Natalie. You are so cute. I'm glad you have such an amazing support system!

heather said...

I am so behind on my blog reading and just saw this. We went to this too and froze in the line, but it was so worth it! It is my favorite activity that we do all year! I love how you haven't made it to your last 2 activities! It is way too cold to go do anything fun! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!