Peiton no longer has her "Bah Bah," (aka The Bottle)!
We love it!
She has always loved her bottle, I really never thought I would get rid of it. It was to the point where she had to have it right when she got in the car and just everywhere! I was really getting sick of always having to have a bottle with me. We also were talking about starting to potty train her and I thought, "no way can I potty train her when she still has her bottle." So almost two weeks ago we started the day by throwing all her bottles away, she helped and it went better than I thought it would. I thought it would go something like this.....
But really, she was almost all smiles (besides from her tantrums she has about every 15 minutes, that happened WAY before I took the bottle away). She did great! A couple times she asked for it and I just showed her the cupboard they were in and that they were all gone, and she was fine. Wow! It always seems that you think things are going to be awful when you have to take away something the kids love or that they are accustomed to, but they usually do much better than we think they will, well maybe not with potty training....that is a whole other story. :)
I am pretty proud of this little munch kin, and I am pretty happy that I know longer have to deal with the "bah bah!" Yipee!






11 comments:
She is too cute for words!!! I love the last picture of her. What a good girl to be able to move on so easily!!! You are great Natalie, this post made me laugh, the pictures were perfect!!!
No wonders Backyardigans sippy cup was left at my house! That is a huge milestone...want to come and take Myka's mimi away? (Do you really think it will not be as bad as I am imagining? Because, I can't imagine it being anything but A NIGHTMARE!) Those pictures of her are sooo cute!
Good for you guys! Man, I can't believe how much you have on your plate right now what with potty training and bottles. Super cute pictures!!!
That's exactly how we got rid of binkies! It is amazing, isn't it? So weird how they have complete tantrums when they think it will get them somewhere, but if they truly believe there's nothing you can do- they don't bother. Ha! Well, congratulations!!
WOOHOO! That is great!!! And I heard Bode's potty training is going really well to! That is exciting!
She is so cute, I love that last pic. Go Peiton! Congrat's on being done with the bah bah! That's one of those fun steps to take....that with potty training. :)
LOVE your blog design this month too!
Whoo hooo!! We just got rid of Lauren's too - I thought it would be rough but it was SO easy! Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!!! I'm convinced that I'm addicted to my kids crutches more than they are- I was so afraid to get rid of Jace's binky. Glad the bottle is over!
She is so cute Nat! I'm glad to know I wasn't alone with a 2 year old on a bottle! But we had almost the same thing happen 2 weeks ago! I was so worried I'd be sending it with her to college! But I worried way to much about how she would act without it, and then just one night we swiched and she seemed fine with it! So natural! So glad!!
Good job Nat! You are taking on seriously hard projects lately! You are a rock star!
Post a Comment