I loved this marathon and I must say I think I will be doing it again. Besides the rain that did not let up ONCE and the wind that was hanging around at times, it was awesome!
Ignore the goofy face on this pic. I just had to show how wet I already was at mile 7. It was crazy insane how it rained the WHOLE time. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't just a sprinkle kind of rain it was pelting my face a lot of the time. Streams of water were running down the road and it never gave in and stopped, it kept on going....We had perfect training weather, not bad day, and then the marathon comes and we get this...o'well.
I was so lucky to have such a awesome cheer team. Collin and his family drove to mile 7 (which it a 1 hour drive to get to, you have to go the back way since the road is closed). It was soooo good to see them there cheering me on, it is such motivation.(I love Court's face in this picture...too cute!)
Charlie, Kelly, Court, Holly, and Collin driving to cheer me on. I hear they had some great arguments on which way to go and where to go...would have loved to hear it all.I wasn't planning on seeing Collin until the finish line and they surprised me and were at mile 24! It was awesome! A total boost. The tears couldn't help but come.

We made it! Lou lou and I finished like 20 seconds apart, it was great. We both were so happy with how we did, and we are both looking forward to next year:)
Some more of my cute cheering team. Here they are with home made rain coats and all. We really weren't planning on this cold of weather..it was suppose to be at least 70 when we finished, nope!

My biggest supporter (and the Ute's biggest supporter). Collin has been there to support me with all my running. He has made it possible for me to do things like this. I can't thank him enough for always being there for me and being my biggest fan and motivator.
Love ya babe!
My families are so amazing! My parents and my sister Stacy watched my kids Friday night so I could get a good rest and so Collin could come and see me at certain spots during the marathon. It was so nice not to have to worry about the kids. I am so glad that they made the trip down to be with me and to cheer with me. And thanks for bringing the tears on, I don't know what it is, but the tears came a flowin' when I saw them all. They have been awesome during this whole process. It was good to have my in-laws there too. Like you saw before, they were there cheering me on from mile 7. They were always so excited for me and always gave me motivation to keep on going and do well. I loved having everyone there, it meant so much to me. I love you all so much. Thank you, thank you!

My good friend and neighbor, Rachel (and TJ) were there to cheer us on too. It was so good to see them at the finish line yelling for us.
Coop enjoying some ice cream on a cold, cold day...nothing is stopping him from eating ice cream.
Little Peiton ready to go and get out of the cold. Thanks again Mom and Stacy for taking the kids, it made it sooo nice not having to worry about them.

We made it! Lou lou and I finished like 20 seconds apart, it was great. We both were so happy with how we did, and we are both looking forward to next year:)
Some more of my cute cheering team. Here they are with home made rain coats and all. We really weren't planning on this cold of weather..it was suppose to be at least 70 when we finished, nope!
My biggest supporter (and the Ute's biggest supporter). Collin has been there to support me with all my running. He has made it possible for me to do things like this. I can't thank him enough for always being there for me and being my biggest fan and motivator.
Love ya babe!
My families are so amazing! My parents and my sister Stacy watched my kids Friday night so I could get a good rest and so Collin could come and see me at certain spots during the marathon. It was so nice not to have to worry about the kids. I am so glad that they made the trip down to be with me and to cheer with me. And thanks for bringing the tears on, I don't know what it is, but the tears came a flowin' when I saw them all. They have been awesome during this whole process. It was good to have my in-laws there too. Like you saw before, they were there cheering me on from mile 7. They were always so excited for me and always gave me motivation to keep on going and do well. I loved having everyone there, it meant so much to me. I love you all so much. Thank you, thank you!
My good friend and neighbor, Rachel (and TJ) were there to cheer us on too. It was so good to see them at the finish line yelling for us.
Coop enjoying some ice cream on a cold, cold day...nothing is stopping him from eating ice cream.
Little Peiton ready to go and get out of the cold. Thanks again Mom and Stacy for taking the kids, it made it sooo nice not having to worry about them.Thanks to all the good lucks, little treats and prayers. Everyone was so awesome and supportive:)







43 comments:
Natalie you are such an inspiration! I think you're awesome! What an accomplishment!
You are amazing!!!! I can't believe how wet you are! Way to go.
I was waiting for this post! What a great accomplishment..you ROCK!
Man......I just about started crying reading your post......but I'm a huge baby too! Quite the accomplishment!
Wahoo! I couldn't believe that rain. It's was crazy. I felt like I needed wipers for my eyes. Your lips were blue too I noticed. BRRRRRrrrr! What an amazing day. I think I went through every emotion I have not to mention every muscle :) Congrats again...sorry I missed you. I looked for you but your just so speedy :) It would have been fun to see Kelly too. Tell her hi!
Was that your second marathon? How Which one did you do before? How did it compare?
You ROCK! I can't believe you did it in that kind of weather! You just amaze me, Girl!
Oh modest Natalie! She forgot to mention the fact that even in the HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBlE weather, she did amazingly well! Awesome preformance, 3:50, which it stinking fast. (I think it's like an 8:45 mile for 26.2 miles.) She is one strong and athletic gal. Good work Nat! (Sorry I had to brag about you! :)
Ur Nuts! I hate running! especially in rain! I AM A WIMP!!!
Wow mabey I will run with you in St. George! Sounds like fun to get up and just run my guts out!!! (jk)
Good Job!
Dude...quite the little athlete you are!! CONGRATS on a great race! You are so awesome!! I don't think I would have ran in that ugly weather!! Way to GO!!
wow-Nat you are amazing I wish I had 1/2 you strength great job.
Alright Natalie! You go girl!!!
You are awesome - I hate to run, but you and Leslie make me want to try! Well, if I could just do a 5K that would be a miracle! Thanks for being an inspiration!
WOW! You are my hero! I'm trying to gear up for a 5k, I can't imagine a marathon...maybe one day. How fun to have all of your Fam there cheering you on. You look great. Way to go!
Congrats Nat! I heard it was a major PR for you. Way to go! That rain must've been crazy, especially when you weren't expecting it. I'm so happy for you.
Way to go Natalie...you are so awesome!!! And I heard that you went to the gym this morning...if I ran a marathon, that would be my exercise for the rest of my life!!! You are an inspiration!
Looks like a lot of fun you flippin psycho. I'm just jealous, maybe one day I'll make it to the marathon with you.
Good Job Nat! You are amazing! Too bad about the rain! Maybe it will be better next year!
Nat, I'm so happy for you! I really missed this race this year. Maybe next year I'll get in and we can run together (at least for a minute--I'm sure I'm much slower than you)!
Way to go Nat!! You freakin' rock!
Love your UT hat...go longhorns!
Nat- Your are awesome. What an accomplishment. All your hard work paid off. Congrats! Maybe you could take a short break and relax!!!. Good Job
NatRat...You rock! Seriously, you look so stinkin' cute even soaking wet from the rain. You and Loulou are truly inspirations.
Seeing all of your supporters and how happy you are makes me excited to run the 1/2 in January. I am so worried that I won't make it, but you and Loulou make me realize that I can do it.
I love you guys!!!
I'm not sure if you knew it was me or not, but I was the CrAzY one yelling your name and jumping up and down right before the finish line! You looked GREAT! Seriously an inspiration. I am totally going to try it next year...maybe I will see you there, and NO RAIN!! XOXO Steph
That picture of you in the rain (with your little gloves on) was inspirational; and a bit CRAZY! You are the definition of a true athlete...Rain or shine you are there till the end. And I cannot believe how well you did! (8:45 minute miles for a marathon is outstanding!) Both you and Leslie deserved to do well; so I am so glad you both did ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
On a side note...you are nuts! I cannot believe you walked out your front door yesterday and got in my car to go to the gym (to do a killer work-out). You're making us mediocre athletes look like whimps! I love ya anyways though!!!
Well done!
That is so cool!!!
I bet it was like adding a mile, just carrying the extra water weight- ha!
Good job, you buff chick!
Contratulations! What an accomplishment. I've been waiting to hear about it. Sorry, about the rain!
Sorry for the bad weather, WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?? Seriously it hardly ever rains down here but when it does it gets bad!! I am proud of you and Heath. Hope you have recovered, I know Heath was hurtin'. :) Hey get on my blog and give me your email...I am going private in the next few days and want to invite you on
Couldn't be more proud of you......Way to go! Hopefully next year you will have better weather to run in (and I will have better weather to watch in :)
Congrats on a huge accomplishment!
How is it possible to be so beautiful while running a marathon!? Way to go Nat! How fun to have your whole family there to support you.
I knew that you were going to do great but man you were amazing, you totally ROCKED another race! I can’t believe that weather… I think that would have discouraged me just a little bit. I was so amazed that you made it to the gym Monday morning. You said you were going to take it easy and you were making me feel like a wimp! You’re so awesome, I’m so proud of you!
Hey Nat! Great Job on the run. I got your comment about the scentsy stuff. Have fun in Cali, but if you want anything just let me know. I sent a book to Holly so you can get with her if you want too. Hope to see you soon!
You did it!! Way to go Nat, what a huge accomplishment!! If I had run 26.2 miles in a downpour I don't think I would be planning on doing it ever again. You are awesome!!
That is so awesome Natalie! I am so proud of both you and Leslie. And in the rain too - yuck!
You rocked the house Nat! Thanks for letting me come down and watch you kick BUTT!! I had a blast. I want to come run in January. You're so inspiring!!
Doug and Tausha's blog is dingman2.blogspot.com Check out how cute little Sam is! Thanks for being there for them...I know they appreciate any advice you can give. They are doing so good...This morning was fun, thanks fo riding up with me!! See you guys tonight!
Go Nat! You are amazing, I bet the rain made it that much more difficult and you did incredible! (Great time too, holy cow!) You really are my inspiration :)
Way to go Natalie! I thought about you while we were driving home. Crazy weather! I've never heard of rain on the day of the St. George Marathon! You are awesome and truly an inspiration. I look at you and hope to be more like you one day. :) Good job!
Yay, way to go! I'm sorry about the rain though...that is NOT fun!
Wow, that sounds awful! :) Good for you and congrats! You rock!
Way to go!!! That is incredible time, horrible weather and all! Dang girl you look good! There's no way I could do that. Maybe the 1/2 in January...but never a full marathon. Well done!
Congrats!
Nice Job! I starting tearing up when you said you were tearing up. I am such a boob! I know why type of prep goes into a day like this. You are awesome!
I still think YOur NUTS!
Post a Comment