So, I just want you to imagine walking out of your front door and there is the beach. The waves crashing down, the palm trees swaying in the wind, the crisp morning air, followed by the warmth of the sun, and the beautiful sunset to say goodnight to. Well that is what I have been enjoying the last week, literally! And don't let me forget, family, Mickey Mouse, Shamu, surfing (well trying), boogie boarding, sand castles, walking on the pier, running on the beach, watching the surfers, watching dolphins jump the waves, kids laughing and just having a good time. Are you jealous? Well, you should be, it was awesome! We had a blast and I was soooo sad to come home, the only reason why I wanted to come home is to see little Peiton that we left behind (thanks again and again Holly and Charlie for watching her, it made it so nice not to have to worry about her). Now it back to life and reality, but here is a little quick rundown of how much fun we had this past week...
Collin had to go to LA the Wednesday before we left, so we planned on just meeting up with him on Sunday after all his work was done. Thankfully my mom bought a one way ticket and flew there with me. I don't think I could have done it without her. Bode was actually really good, he fell asleep on the way there and on the way back. We stayed in some condos right on Oceanside beach, the beach was literally our backyard. We got there Saturday afternoon and once we had unloaded the kids wanted to get wet and play in the water. They loved it.
On Sunday my mom planned for us to go to church and to head to San Diego to see the Mormon Battalion museum, little did we know that it was closed for remodeling.
Saturday night I got a flat tire, I guess that curb I hit at Costco was a little sharper than I thought. We had the enjoyment of getting that fixed on Sunday too.
Just a few pics of Old Town San Diego...what a fun place.

On the way back to Oceanside we stopped at the San Diego Temple, it is so beautiful.
"R" is for Richards!
We spent Monday and Tuesday at Disneyland. It was a lot of fun. Bode wasn't quite sure what was going on Monday, some of the rides he wasn't too sure about. But on Tuesday he loved it! He made it on Splash Mountain (with a little help from some paper towels in the shoes) and I would have to say that was his favorite ride, he was darling on it.




After a long, long, day at Disneyland the kids crashed right when we got in the car.
The next couple of days we spent it all at the beach, basically sun up to sun down. The kids were in heaven, I was in heaven.





On Friday, our last day there, just our little family decided to go to Sea World. We are so glad that we did. Bode loved it and had such a great time. I think Cooper liked it too (he is at the age where he doesn't like to express how much fun he is having). But how couldn't you have fun at Sea World, it is so fun.


The trip was awesome! It was so nice to be with my whole family for a whole week. We all have such different personalities and bring something different to the family and we get along great. I have some awesome brother and sister-in-laws and together we are all one big clan. I love them all and loved the time I got to spend with them and I am so sad to see it all end.
Thanks Dad and Mom for making it happen. Your the best! We can't thank you enough!






28 comments:
Looks like you had loads of fun. I am jealous!!! :)
I love the pics of Bode at Sea World. He is so happy!! I am glad you guys had a chance to get away and relax. You deserve it!
You can tell you just had the best time! I agree, it was really hard to come home, since whne I am there, I feel like I AM home. Sigh....
That picture of Bode at Sea World is adorable!
I totally feel you about not wanting to come home! The day we got back it was snowing! I'm glad you had such a good time, your kids look so happy!
I AM jealous! Sounds like pure Heaven! Glad you had such a great time. Welcome back to reality.
How Fun! When we went in march. I didnt want to come home so I know how ya feel! Hope Ya got a good tan! I cant wait for the Christmas Party!!!So I can see all the Vans!!
p.s. I forgot to say that I love Jackie and Staceys face on Tower of Terror.
LOOKS great! It got us talking about us having a fun Van Wag trip around the table last night!
I keep seeing Hollie in your blog and think, why does she have my picture? I think as we age we look more and more alike...
Looks like sooo much fun, I am WAY jealous! I really want to take Anabell, but I'm not sure a good age to go? Gotta love Cali!
So much fun.......loved all the pictures and details of the trip! I'm so glad you got to get away with your family and enjoy time together. Now I've got the bug to take my kids to Disneyland........
Glad you're back - the neighborhood isn't nearly as fun without you :)
Oh- that was so cute to see all of you together! Makes me too excited for Christmas- I missed ya' last year.
What a great job documenting and scrapping everything! So cute!!!
Ky- I totally thought the same thing about you and Hollie- ha!
I love the picture of Bode in the Micky, Minnie, Goofy Oh My pic - he is so fun to watch and I loved to see him in the primary program practice yesterday...Glad you're back!
So glad you commented on our blog so I could find yours again. I love looking at your little Bode and seeing all the fun things he does. Your family is darling. We can't wait to take Sam to Disneyland. I lost your e-mail address? Mine is tbdingman@comcast.net, I'ld love to keep in touch better.
I cannot believe how photogenic you are. I don't think you can take a bad picture. Those were adorable. I am so jealous! Needing a visit to CA myself--especially at Halloween time!
Yes. Jealous. Beyond jealous; and your gorgeous tan is extremely enviable as well!
I'm glad everything went so well and you enjoyed yourself. You deserved it. Your pictures say it all, and I'm glad you and Collin were able to get away with the boys and have a good time!
Welcome back to reality (and chilly weather). I'm super glad you're back!
I am jealous of your trip and i was with you....when can we go back?
Oh I love Sea World too! It's so worth it, that has to be my favorite park! Your pictures are really cute! Looks like you guys saw just about everything Cali has to offer!
WOW! How fun! You're a great photographer, those pics were great! Looks like so much fun, glad you had a good time. I love San Diego! We're going to be there on Thursday. :)
it looks like you had a lot of fun. how is disneyland in october? i hear it's the best time to go.
What??? You went to Sea World? I wanted to go there too - I wish we would have been there Friday to enjoy that with you guys! Bodes face watching Shamu is priceless! How cute is that??? Fun times!
I wish we were still there too roomie......that trip was AWESOME!!! And it is stinkin' cold here, right? I miss the beach and the nice weather. We will have to go back some day for sure....sooner rather than later!
You look like you had an incredible time. You guys totally deserved to get away and have a good time. I’m so glad that the paper towel trick worked for Bode. All your pictures were so adorable and it looked like the entire family had a fabulous time.
I’m glad that you decided to take the boys to Sea World; it’s always fun to do something w/ just your small family too. Collin said that it was worth every penny because Bode absolutely loved it... Welcome home Richards we missed you!!!
Welcome back! Utah missed you!!! I love your photos and I especially love the photos of Bode at Sea World. It looks like that was his favorite place to go!
BTW-I hope you and Collin aren't thinking of moving to Cali to be near the beach. We have our own beach here....let's see, there's Utah Lake, the Great Salt Lake and the wonderful pool at Lifetime! You can't beat that!!!
I'm so jealous!! It sounded like such a great trip. You deserved it!!
I cant believe that you have all these pics edited and posted already! It was fun to see you at the airport... wish we had more time to catch up. Im glad your trip was fun!
I love all your pictures! What a fun trip! I'm jealous! :)
p.s.
I am also gettting into OTH! Dan will always be a bad man. :)
It makes is WAAAY better when you have your whole fam with ya...that is so great. Glad you had a blast-your pictures couldn't be better at explaining that:0)
I love San Diego! I can tell you had an awesome time. It's such a fun age to take the kids to Disney and Sea World. And I have to say I am a bad mormon. I lived in SD and didn't even know that there was a Mormon Battalion museum!
Holy fun family you have!!! I am glad you got to have just the older boys there...SO BUMMED about tonight!! HAVE A BLST for me!!
Post a Comment