Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New York!

I am back! This trip was awesome, I couldn't have asked for it to go better. Seven girls, New York City, food galore, laughs, shopping (a little too much for some...) and a lot more, makes for a perfect trip!
.....Warning....there are a lot of pictures, there were too many fun ones to not post, and if you are anything like me, the pictures are the funniest to see:)

On Wednesday night we caught the red eye and we were off...Goodbye husbands and goodbye kids. We landed in New York about 5:30 am and we were ready to have some fun!

We were able to go to our hotel and leave our bags with them and freshen up a little so we could go to the Today Show. We loved the Today Show! It was so much fun. It was Lou lou's 30th birthday and we made T-shirts to celebrate and to maybe get us on TV...it worked! It was so fun to see Ann, Meredith, Al and Matt...they all were so nice, I mean really nice. We actually had a conversation with Meredith and Ann. I was very impressed! It was the perfect thing to start our trip out right:)

Next we headed to "The top of the Rock." The view was incredible! We had a clear day and were able to see all of New York City.

We did a little more sight seeing, shopping and then headed back to our hotel to check in. We then had to get ready for the David Letterman show! So exciting! We got VIP tickets and we were so excited because U2 was performing:)


The Late show was awesome! It was fun to see how everything is taped and having to laugh when really it isn't that funny at all and just seeing how they do everything. The best part of it was that we got to be 15 feet away from BONO!! Yes BONO, and the Edge and all of the group. It was amazing! They first played a song for the show, what I loved was that it was a song that I knew...not one of their new ones, but one that the whole audience knew (Beautiful day). Then after the show was over, they stayed on and sung "Vertigo"....it was unreal! So much fun!



We then went to find something to eat, and headed back to our hotel for a little shut eye...we were all a little tired and had to wake up early to get a start on the next day.
The next day we ventured out and enjoyed the subway. We rode it to the famous Canal Street and spent quite a bit of time there...maybe too much for some:) I thought it was pretty fun to bargain, I got sick of hearing "what you want??? Chanel, Prada...Tiffany?? We pretty much did the shopping and eating...what we love!


This night we went and saw "Shrek." It was really good...hilarious! We had a blast seeing it. The props, costumes & stage were amazing!
After Shrek we headed to Serendipity...yummm! We had a blast here! I think this is probably when we laughed the hardest on the trip. Maybe it was because we all had a sugar high from all of the dessert we were eating. It was delicious! It was so good we had to go back again the next night:)


Now, check out our waiter...this is the reason we had to go back the second night...wouldn't you??
Actually we were kind of embarrassed to go back knowing we would run into him again, but we couldn't resist the dessert and being out at 1:30 in the morning 2 nights in a row...that doesn't happen at home:)

The next day we went and did some more touring...went to Ground Zero, shopping and Century 21 and hop on hop off bus tour. We finished it off with a bike tour in Central Park. Central park is so awesome! People everywhere. I can't imagine it in the summer when everything is green, I bet it is packed. After Central park we headed back to get ready for dinner and The Little Mermaid.
Sunday was our last day:( We spent the day trying to eat everything that we didn't have a change too (there is so much to try in New York) and doing the rest of the bus tour. It was a great way to see New York.

It was time to say goodbye...so sad, but we were ready to see our families. It was a trip that had a perfect length. Everything worked out so well. Our hotel was great, it wasn't a 5 star hotel, but affordable and in a AWESOME location and it was huge! We got a suite to fit the 7 of us and that it did...we all fit. It kind of was a little crazy when we wanted to shower, but we managed.
Thanks for the awesome time friends...love you all! I am so glad we did it!
I can't wait to go back with Collin (he served his mission there) I would love for him to show me around....until next time:)



27 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a blast! So glad you made it home safe. We want to go back next year sometime. Let's all go! Looks like you have some awesome friends!

Aly said...

I am so jealous!! Love all of your fun pictures! It looks like you had such a fun time! How fun is that!!! Glad you had a blast with your friends!

KEYSHA said...

Perfect rundown of the perfect trip! So many laughs (and not quite enough sleep) makes for the best trip ever!

Annie Miller said...

I'M NOT WORTHY...I'M NOT WORTHY. 15 feet REALLY????? I was wondering what the second song was. I cannot believe you were there. They did so awesome on Letterman. I had no idea your New York trip was a girls trip...how fun! ...still extremely jealous :)

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

I agree with Keysha, great recap. I don't know that I have laughed that hard in a long time. Great friends + LOTS of food in New York = memories forever!!!
Love ya tons!!!

Preslee said...

Look's like u Guy's had a BLAST! Glad u made it there and back Safely!

Hollie said...

Ha Ha, when Russ and I were watching David Letterman, I said "I bet Nat doesn't even understand half the stuff he's talking about..." Glad you had fun, wish I had seven awesome friends to go to New York with. I can't believe you went to Serendipity either, I'm so jealous.

Heidi and Judd said...

Oh so fun! I LOVE NYC! Now you see why I've been there 11 times for the day huh!? Glad you guys had fun, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

How fun for you and your girlfriends. Looks like ya had a blast. You'll have to tell me more about it. Hope your coming on the 21st to Missy's. If not lets get together soon. I want to talk more about the cruise also...
Mer

Jewels said...

That looks like so much fun! It was so crazy to see you on the Today show! I didn't even know you were there and I never watch the show. It just happened to be on and I glance over to see my friend Nat on TV! Crazy!

Alisha Joy said...

What a great trip! Loved all the photos. You gals are all gorgeous, bet you turned a lot of heads walking around New York!!

Marcy said...

That was a prefect run down of the trip! That first night at Serendipity was unforgettable; I’m having sugar withdrawals just thinking about it…

Thanks for making it the best girls trip ever! Now that it’s over at least we will have all the awesome memories!

brandy said...

Glad you guys had a great trip! I loved that you were on the Today show...and Letterman...Serendipity.
Sounds like a blast! I thought the t-shirts you guys made were hilarious.

The Garber Family said...

We are all soundly and completely jealous! I'm not surprised that you gals all got on the Today Show. With your beauty, personalities, and fun, I'm sure they were very happy to have your help with ratings:)

Lish or Coors said...

WOW....what a great trip!! That's so awesome you got to do that! Glad you came home safe and that you had such a great time!

Trisha Paddock said...

So Nat, I'm still cracking up on that photo of all of us with Meredith and Ann at the Today Show and you and me (the tall ones) in the back with our heads popping up trying to make sure we get in the picture! :o)

Too bad we didn't get a picture of BONO trying to kiss you...that crazy guy!

Thanks for the memories...it was fun! I so love New York!

Rachelle said...

HOW FUN!!! I love New York! I bet it was so fun hanging out with your girl friends too! And Nat, why is it that in every picture where there is a random guy in there...you are the one standing next to him? HAHAHA! Thats great! I loved those shirts you guys made!

DeJong Family said...

Such cute pics! I am so jealous!!! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great time..up for another girls trip in a few months.. I am in need of one :)

Allison said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I love all the pictures.

Tausha said...

Makes me homesick for the east coast. I lived in D.C. for 6 years and we went to New York all the time. I considered moving back to New York before I met my husband. I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!!!!!! So glad you had a great time and got to see and do so many fun things and got a break from the Kids as well. :-)

Laurie said...

The real question is did you find the eye shadow at Sephora?? Looks like you guys had a great time. You're all so beautiful!

RaCHeL said...

What a fun trip! I haven't even been there since we've lived in New York. Now I really want to after seeing all your fun pictures!

dupaix5 said...

What a trip! I'm so jealous about U2 and the Today show Ahhh. It looks like you guys had way too much fun.

Kristen said...

Oh how FUN!!! Look at all my cute friends. Looks like you had a great time!

Alisha Joy said...

Not sure the name of that park in St George but it's address is : 800 something South Dixie Drive.

jamie said...

Looks like it was a great trip Nat! Hey I need your email address and my cousin Celests too. Would you mind sending them to me? Thanks! jamielynnk@gmail.com

shelbell said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What a great and fun trip! I am totally jealous...looks like you all had a fantastic time.