Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Getaway

This past Thursday we took off to Sunny St. George (well it was sunny most of the time). This is the 3rd year of going and staying at Green Valley with the whole Richard's clan. We always have such a blast and this year was no exception.

We are usually really lucky with the weather too. This year it was about 70 everyday except Saturday where is just rained and was a high of about 55. We took advantage of the sun and warmer weather on Friday and enjoyed ourselves at the pool (well Kelly and I and all the kids did, the boys went golfing all day and the others went hiking). Bode didn't want to touch the water he stood on the side of the pool and got a thrill of people doing flips and all tricks in the pool. It kept him well entertained. Peiton didn't really want much to do with the water either, she just kind of walked around and made herself busy. As for Cooper he couldn't get enough of the water, he is a little fish and could swim all day long.

We spent a lot of the time at the park, it was such great weather we couldn't resist.

On Saturday when it was yucky weather it was the girls turn to get out without the kids. We took advantage and went to lunch and then went and got fabulous massages, they were great:) We topped it off by going to 25 Main and getting yumma-licious cupcakes (I think I bought 5 and ate all of them but the one I bought for Collin).




That night we all went to dinner at the Gun Barrel, it is a yummy steakhouse that we tried last year and liked it so much we gave it another try.



The next day it was Easter Sunday. The kids enjoyed their Easter baskets and I enjoyed all the candy inside them:) We got ready for church and headed to sacrament meeting. I thought all the kids looked so great in their Easter get ups.





That afternoon after a HUGE breakfast (crepes, omelets & waffles), we had an Easter egg hunt. It was fun to watch the kids run around looking for their color of egg. They scored some more candy and lots of money thanks to Grandma Holly.




Monday morning it was time to say goodbye, I did not want to come home. Of course the day we left it was the nicest day that we were there. Thanks so much Holly and Charlie for a great weekend. We had a great time!






20 comments:

Preslee said...

FUN FUN FUN!!! we went to Vegas, and had to go home on Easter SUN. SO we didnt get to see what that sill ol' bunny got us till like 5 in the afternoon! Glad u had FUN!

Hollie said...

Glad you had a good Easter. The kids look cute in their clothes.

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! You are one smokin' hot mama, if I could get away with eating 4 cupcakes and all my kids candy and look like you I would :)
Peiton is THE CUTEST little thing ever! Oh my goodness, she is such a doll.
I am glad you are home (even though you aren't) we missed you!

Aly said...

Yeah! I have missed you blogging!! You guys are the cutest family! I love all of your pictures! I love Peiton's Easter dress with that darling cardigan! So cute!

Keysha said...

Much needed vacation! Looks like the Richards succeeded at having another fantastic time together! (Every picture everyone is beaming; must be something in the blood). Glad you were able to have some sunshine, cupcakes and family fun. Welcome back to rainy, yucky Northern Utah!

Your kids look so stink'n cute in their Easter get-up!

Lish or Coors said...

What an awesome lil' get away.....I could use one of those! The kids look so cute in their little Easter outfits!

RaCHeL said...

What a fun weekend! I'm jealous you got to spend it in warmth. You are so tan & your hair is so blonde! I like it! Are you still going to Linds? Miss you!

rach said...

We love to escape down there when it is crummy weather up here. I love to hear others favorites about St.George, I'll have to try the cupcake place. The kids look darling in their Easter attire.

Aly said...

OH Dang, Britney was Last night! That would have been so much fun if you would have came with us!! YOu are too cute!

Ashley said...

Your fam is so adorable! I can't believe how big peiton is. She is such a doll! You look great too! I love your headband with the flower. So cute!

Emily said...

You've convinced me that I desperately need a get-away to St. George! Your family is too cute!

The Garber Family said...

Look at darling Peiton with all those boys!

Post-it Notes said...

Glad you guys had so much fun. Love your kids Easter outfits. So cute!!

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! It was fun to see you and your family, thanks so much for stopping by!

Kristen said...

Your blog is the cutest I have ever seen! What a fun vacation, I am glad the weather was good!

Rachelle said...

St. George sounds like so much fun! THat is a FUN Easter tradition! I cant believe how much of a little lady Peiton looks in these pictures...I just saw her 2 weeks ago...what the heck??? Did she have a growth spurt? She is gorgeous!

loulou said...

that looks like soo much fun... Ask Hollie if I can come next year. ;)

Kristen said...

Too fun - love the Easter outfits too! So glad you got to get away for a bit..Dan and I really need to do that soon!

Jewels said...

Man, being a Richards would not be a bad thing! :) We do need to get the Bunco group together and go do something. I miss seeing you! I nominate you the "party planner" to email everyone... :)

Allison said...

What a ball! I am so jealous that you were in such great weather. I love St. George. I love that picture of your three kids in their Easter outfits. So sweet. :)