A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated Coop's 8th birthday. What a FUN day he had. I think the day was full of excitement all day long. He started off his birthday with yummy french toast in bed. He then was excited to open presents before dad left for work. He went downstairs and there stood his new bike, he was pretty excited. He got ready for school and off he went, he was pretty glad it was Friday, so that meant short day. Me and the kids surprised him with donuts to share with his class, Bode wanted to stay and hang out, it thought is was pretty cool to see Coop at school.

When he got home from school he has some special visitors come by to wish him a happy birthday. He showed all of them how he could ride his new bike (it is a little big, so it is a little tricky for him to ride, he did great though.)
He anxiously was awaiting 6:00 when all of his friends were going to arrive for his Jungle Safari party. At 6:00 they showed up and the party got started....
First the kids had to go hunt for their own food. I had pre-made the crusts for little individual pizzas and they had to go find all the toppings so they could make their pizzas. The toppings were hid all over the house and once they were found they created their very own pizzas. As the pizzas were cooking we headed outside to play some games. It is so great when the kids get older and they actually listen to the directions and you really aren't babysitting a birthday party anymore, you can have fun as well. It was great.When the pizzas were done they came downstairs into the jungle and ate up. I had the basement all decorated like a jungle, I think it turned out pretty fun looking.
After the pizzas we went outside and played a few more games. It was then time for the safari hunt. They were given clues and each clue lead them to the next place in the neighborhood, I think they had a lot of fun doing it. At each place they were given a prize for their little prize bag, the end prize were swords that I had made out of swim noodles. These kept them entertained for quite a while.
We went in and opened presents and then had cake and ice cream. There was about 30 minutes left of the party so I turned on George of the Jungle and they ate ice cream and cake while they watched the movie. The party turned out to be a lot of fun and I think the kids had a great time too.
After the party Grandma and Grandpa Richards came out to give Coop his present and take him home for a sleepover.
The first present they gave him was new clothes for his baptism day...he was pretty excited. ;)
Then they had another present for him....
He opened the card and he wasn't quite sure what was going on...It said....
"Cooper for your 8th birthday, we are taking you to see Mickey Mouse!"
What???

Cooper was leaving the next morning to go to Disneyland! He was pretty pumped! It was fun to see his reaction. He though cool, I am going to Disneyland, but he didn't realize he was going the next day. Once he figured that out, he was thrilled! He had a GREAT time, and there will be more pictures to follow when I get them.
So, overall Coop had a FABULOUS day! What a great birthday, everyone made is so great!
I wish the birthdays could stop for a while now, I LOVE him at this stage...so cute and he is such a good kid. Love ya Coop!






6 comments:
No wonder it will take you some time to get up your buddy walk post. Check out those amazing scrapbook pages you do before your post! Amazing! Happy Birthday!
Look how creative you are. Are you going to come do all my kids parties for me? Glad Coop had a good birthday, he deserves it. He is such a good kid.
Wow! You know how to throw an awesome party; sounds like a lot of fun! I'm still in awe over the Disneyland trip!!! Cooper deserves it; he's such a great kid!
What an awesome party. Luke couldn’t stop talking about it and told me he wanted to have a party exactly like it, down to how to place the pizzas on the table like you did. You sure know how to throw an awesome party! From the pictures I could see you even decorated your basement like a Jungle and made a Lion cake. You are amazing. I’m definitely not going to be able to copy this party and have it be as much fun!!!
You are such a great mom! The party sounded like much fun! I could tell you put a lot of work into it. I can't believe Cooper got to go to Disneyland! What a lucky kid!
WOW nat! ur one Creative lil BEAST! All of ur kids birthday's are all gonna be one's to remember!
Post a Comment