Over Labor day we went to Midway and stayed at the Zermatt Resort, we always enjoy going here. Well the few times we have been it has just been Collin and I, not Collin and I and all the kiddos, I guess I could say it was a treat. :)
We headed up Friday night, grabbed some grub on the way and got there about 7:30. The first thing Coop wanted to do when we got there was swim, so that we did. I think it was what every other person staying there wanted to do too, the pool was packed! Crazy packed! It didn't stop Cooper, Collin and Peiton, but it did stop Bode and I. We gladly watched from the side of the pool....dry.
The kids slept great the first night and we were up and at em' at 7:00 am ready to go see Corey, Kelly and Holly run the 10K. That is when it decided to down pour, yuck! We made it to the Swiss days breakfast (Collin's fav and now Bode's too) dry and took cover under the pavilion while we enjoyed yummy scones, pancakes, ham and eggs.

We were wondering if the rain would stop in time for the parade, and luckily it did. We were able to enjoy the good ole' Swiss Days parade. Lots and lots of candy!
I actually am a fan of parades, I am always up for a parade. I love them also because I think Bode likes them too. He sits there and waves and tries to make horse sounds whenever he sees a horse.

After the parade we took off because Swiss days is no place for strollers and young kids. We actually ran into one of my next door neighbors growing up and he invited us over for lunch. It was great to go there and catch up and see what he and his family have been up to. In the meantime Collin and Coop enjoyed themselves as they went miniature golfing and some more swimming.
We took the kids to see the goats that they have at the Zermatt, they loved them. They had fun feeding them and just watching them. We decided it was time to leave the goats when Bode found the rocks and started pelting the goats with the rocks...baaaad Bode. :) (I don't know if goats baaaa, but is was kind of funny, right?)


Well the trip went great until about 3:00 Saturday afternoon and that is when Bode and Peiton fell apart. They were so tired that they couldn't control the crying and all their crazy emotions. We had a reservation for the Italian Buffet that they served there, we thought we would be brave enough to go, big mistake! I think we are banned from the buffet, or any restaurant at the Zermatt. Bode and Peiton were pretty much crying most of the time, they both wanted to sit on mommy's lap, Bode was sprawled out on the buffet serving area floor, pulling the table clothes off of the dessert bar, the list goes on and on. Our waitress felt so bad for us that she tried to take Peiton to the Gelato store and get her some ice cream. She left screaming, came back happy, and was screaming again in 3 minutes....o'boy! It was probably the quickest buffet I have ever eaten. That night the kids were in bed at 8:00, Coop and I snuck out and went swimming and then we called it a night and pretty much a trip. Some great memories were made.








9 comments:
Sounds fun! Bode is looking so much older and still adorable as ever!
Sounds like a lot of fun!!! By the way... I am throwing a Halloween party for my kids and their friends. I will have to hire you to do the invites!!! I will call you about it soon.
Oh-don't you love the memories of family vacations!! It just wouldn't be the same if there wasn't any drama right? Buffets with kids- thats no fun. We should go up sometime and leave the kids home!
Ah I forgot about the balloon. That was hysterical. Sorry about the Italian buffet, why do we ever think our kids will be good at those things.
Looks like you had a great weekend. Bode is getting so big and he is so dang cute!!! Maybe we will see you at the Buddy Walk this Saturday, we decided to do the SL one as well.
I found you! It was great seeing you at the Buddy Walk again today. Bode is the cutest little guy! I look forward to getting to know your family better now that I can blog stalk your family!
Your blog looks amazing! I love it. What a fun trip. I totally know about the kids falling apart crying in restaurants on trips. Sometimes I've wanted to cry with them its so bad! Your a better sport than I am. Cute, cute family Natalie!
Great to meet you at the Buddy Walk yesterday!
It's too bad you couldn't sit and spend the time you need to at the buffet. That buffet is the best ever!
Post a Comment