Today we had another Bode experience, bless his heart:) We were getting ready for the bus to come pick him up for school. We were outside just hanging out enjoying this awesome weather. I had put my purse and the car keys in the car because I was leaving right away to do some errands. I noticed Bode getting into the car and didn't really think anything of it. The next thing I hear is the cars horn honking (which means the door has been locked). My heart sunk...Bode had locked himself in the car with the car keys and a couple weeks before Collin lost the spare:( I was dying. Bode was having a blast. I ran over and tried to get him to unlock the door and of course he has no idea what I am talking about and he is just having a hay day steering the steering wheel and messing with anything possible. The next thing I see is Bode putting the keys into the ignition and starting to turn...I have never heard me scream so loud at him, I think I scared him pretty bad (that is hard to do) because he instantly dropped the keys.
In the meantime while I was trying to negotiate with him to unlock the door his school bus had come and gone, I had cancelled an appointment that I was headed to and I had called Collin in a panic. Collin made it home and he tried to get him to unlock the door and he wouldn't budge. By this point we were kind of laughing our heads off, it was pretty funny to see. He would pull down the mirror in and look at himself, pat his cheeks, put the seat belt on, try to shove Cd's in the player, he was having a blast. We finally got him to get the keys again (this was the only way we could think of to get him to unlock the door, since he locked it this way) he stuck them in the ignition AGAIN, at this point we were getting worried. I called the police dispatch and right when I was on the phone with the police...he unlocked it! Thank goodness! Time to get a new spare key and time to show Bode how to unlock the door:) We are just lucky he didn't turn the car on and put the car into gear and ran into our house or put it in reverse and run it into our neighbor's house. We love the experiences that Bode brings into our life...silly little guy.
The Cost of Your Silence
1 year ago






14 comments:
I am laughing so hard right now it is a good thing I am not drinking anything! Ahhhh, what a moment!
Oh my glory! Leslie told me this at the park (missed you). I am dying for you....! Seriously, what a panic/hilarious moment. That little stinker! I'm loving that he was pulling down the mirror and looking at himself!
That actually put a smile on my face... and I'm not sure why! I know my time is coming here soon! You just seem to be an amazing Mom and handle these situations so well!
Oh my gosh - how you keep up with him I have no idea. I would've been screaming too!! Glad he didn't take off down the driveway on you!!
What a character! I can just picture you screaming in panic :) I'm glad that all went well & that the police didn't have to come.
Bode Bode Bode. That's a good story. Glad nothing serious happened and glad you could get a good laugh about it.
Wow!! I can't believe it. What a little sweetheart- he sure keeps you on your toes! I am glad that it all ended without any incidents!
Oh my goodness Nat! That is insane. I can't believe that. He is such a cutie, I know that you were probably not thinking that at the moment, but honestly I can just imagine him smiling up at you and looking in the mirror.
Oh..he is such a doll! Love him!
So, so, funny!
Oh my gosh.....that is crazy! Glad it's over and you can laugh about it now because I'm sure you were almost pooping your pants at the time. :)
THat's So funny! He made my feel goods happy!!! hahaha What a CUTIE!
Cute Bode! I pulled up right after you left. I wish I could have seen Bode in action.
I'm glad that it all worked out okay and that no one or nothing got hurt.
Ryan Paddock: Thats so funny. LOL.
You have such a good attitude about crazy things. I would have been freaking out. I may have even tried to break a window.
Post a Comment