Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ouch!

I mentioned in my Lake Powell post that there was one thing, only one thing that threw the trip off. On the last day we were playing a bit before we had to pack up and get everything ready to leave.
(I know you love the goggles)
I took one last ski (I wasn't going to) and at the very end as I was starting to come back to camp, I thought it would be really awesome to pull a 360, flip, jump kind of move. Well I landed everything and then I lost control and biffed it! I know surprising right? Okay, I really didn't do the 360, flip, jump move, I just biffed it because I am not so great at it.
Anyway, as I went down I REALLY pulled or tore, or whatever...my hamstring. It killed! Literally killed! The only time I can think I was in this much pain was when I was in labor before I had a epidural. It hurt so bad. I was dragged back on the knee board because I could not even move my leg without serious pain. The men lifted me somehow into the house boat and I spent a hour or so laying there crying, moaning and whining, I know I am a baby. After the medication and a little bit of the ice kicked in, I was able to hobble around and help clean up. It made it a real tough clean up!

A couple of days after the injury my bruising started, this is what it looked like...
Pretty nasty huh? This picture doesn't really even do it justice. The picture is the whole back of my thigh, bruises up and down it. I am actually really proud of it, it is quite the war wound I would say. I think I may frame it and hang it in my family room, not really.

So this whole thing really sucks because I have been working my butt off in training for this...
and as of right now, there is no way I could run it. I am super sad. Really sad. I was so ready to run and felt so prepared until this happened. So unless there is some huge miracle that I completely recover and can run/walk without pain I may just give it a try (I am still hoping for that miracle) it won't be my PR that is for sure, but at least the training didn't go to waste, right?

Anyway, that was the bummer end to the super AMAZING trip!

No comments: