Every year my family goes to This is the Place Monument. Sometimes I wonder why we do it, it is always so blazing HOT, but the kids have fun. Here is the clan before we started. The Catmulls and Rachelle and Cru didn't make it this year.
The first thing we did when we got to the park was went and rode the horses. We had to do this so Bode would cooperate, well for the most part.
Bode loved riding the horses, he did not want to get off the horse (can you believe that?).
Peiton riding the horse
The kids that were too cool to ride the horse.
We enjoyed spending time in the petting zoo, petting all of the dirty animals.
I think Bode wanted to live here, he kept going into the goats little barn and just spending time in there.
Here Bode is in his little wanna be home.
Cooper getting all of that hair on his face off! There was so much. ;)
On the train.
On the mini train, Bode didn't want to get off of this either.
Ahoy Matey!
Digging for gold
Peiton thought the rocks were gold, she didn't quite get the concept. :)
By the end of the day we were spent, or at least I was spent. It turned out to be a day of chasing Bode everywhere and I was about done, don't believe me ask Mom and Haws, they witnessed my little tantrum!
Bode had 3 snow cones, really. He had one for himself, then he stole Cooper's and then Coop went and got another one and he stole that one. Finally Cooper got another and I told him to not show it to Bode. Bode's mouth was bright red after he was done eating all of the snow cones.
Grandma Bubba
Haws
One of the last crafts they did was coloring little bags to take home. Cooper concentrated very hard at making his bag perfect!
It is always great to go here, it gives you a small glimpse of what life was like as a pioneer. I definitely could not do it, and I couldn't do it with Bode that is for sure. They were so strong and their faith was so strong. I have so much to be thankful for because of them.






No comments:
Post a Comment