The Richards Clan finally made it back to Powell. It has been about 5 years since we have been, and I was reminded how much I love Powell! It is such a great place! It is the best just to have no schedule, play in the water, play in the water some more, go on rides to the canyon, swim, eat, and sleep sometime in between all of that.
Cooper and Bode had a blast! We were able to leave Peiton home thanks to my friends Rachel and Leslie and my sister Stacy. I was a little hesitant leaving her, worried that she would get home sick. O'boy was I wrong, I doubt she even wanted to come home. She had so much fun with everyone and everyone says she was fantastic! I must say it was really nice not to have her. I think she would have had fun, but Collin and I would NOT have had fun. Between her and Bode we would have been wanting to go home Day 2.
We left on a Thursday morning and came back on Tuesday. You would think after being in Powell for 5 days you would be ready to come home, I think I could make it a whole week until I was ready to be home.
Like I said before, the days spent there were basically just playing in the water (unless you were Bode and spent a lot of the time watching movies inside the house boat).

Richards Family (except Peiton and baby Lexie)
My little family, don't you love Bode's smile?
My family with Grandma and Grandpa
Grandpa and Bode=Great Buddies
Grandma and Grandpa with the grand kids being goofy
Cooper spent so much time in the water. He started to get a rash from his life Jacket, each day it got worse. He was so good to hardly even complain about it. He told us that Lake Powell was his favorite place to come, even better than Disneyland!
Bode was a lot of fun! He loved to play in the sand, he did a little swimming, he loved to ride in the boat and we even got him out on the tube. His most favorite part was riding the wave runners, he absolutely loved them! Just like the 4-wheelers he didn't want to get off.
We had perfect weather almost the whole time. The first couple days the water was glass all day long, it was fantastic! Sunday the wind picked up a little bit and a storm came in. We were in the canyons when the storm hit camp so we missed that, but on the way back we got caught up in it. It was crazy!
It looked like we were in the middle of the Ocean. The canopy tore off from the wind and crazy Cam jumped in to get it without a life Jacket and it got kind of scary, thankfully he made it back to the boat, after Nicky had a heart attack because she was so scared for him (she really didn't have a heart attack, but it was really scary).
One of our favorite things to do, swimming in the canyon. We weren't able to have the diving contest this year, there was too much wind so we could just let the boat hang out in the middle of the canyon, we had to beach it.
Cooper was so awesome! He was up for trying so many things behind the boat. His favorite was knee boarding, this is my favorite too. I think probably because I feel the safest doing it. :)
He did awesome!
The house boat had a slide off the back, the kids spent a lot of time going off of that.
Bode loved his ride on the Patriot! He just kicked back and had the boat pull him around.
Almost every time the Wave Runners went out, Bode was on one of them...crazy kid!
We got a lot of water skiing in...
Cam
Nicky
Court
Holly
Collin
Cooper told us he wanted to ski this year, he worked and worked at it and finally he got up! He got up a few times but then would fall right after, but finally he got up and stayed up!
This probably would have to be my favorite toy behind the boat...
THE HAMMERHEAD!
It was so much fun, scary, scary, but so much fun! You had to hold on to your dear life to stay on the thing most of the time.
Matt, Kelly, Mat
Cameron, Collin, Nicky
Collin, Me, Cam
I had to wear goggles because of my lame contacts. So much water sprayed up that I could see if I didn't have them on. Plus I look super rad with them on, right?
Mat, Kelly, Me
Cohen, Connor,Cooper
Me, Kelly, Nicky
Bode got on! He thought it was pretty great, I know the look on his face
doesn't say that.
Cooper, Bode, Collin
Well this is all the photos from Powell (at least the ones I wanted to post), it was so much fun and went perfectly, except for the last day...read more about it on the next post. :)
Thanks Richards family for a fantastic time! Hopefully it isn't 5 years before we make it again!






No comments:
Post a Comment