Monday, April 14, 2008

Bunco

So, I have been a big time slacker on making any posts lately...call me lazy and a little boring, whatever you want, I think it is a little of both.

I have been wanting to make a post Friday and never got around to do it. So, here it is...a little late. Each month I look forward to the second Thursday, which is BUNCO! I really love to go to Bunco. I have been in this Bunco group for about 4 years now, I really can't believe it has been that long. I love to go and just chat with all the ladies in the group. We hardly even play the game. If we are lucky, we may get 3 rounds done (that is out of 6 rounds). We really don't care about the game, we just want to have fun and discuss life and all the fun and crazy things going on. And what I love is that we are all at different stages of our lifes, we can learn so much from each other. I really love my Bunco friends! And I must mention we eat a little...okay a lot!

Well, this last Thursday it was at Heather's house. Now whenever it is Heather's turn, she always out does herself. She is amazing! I don't know where she gets the time to even breath. This girl is always on the go...she is truly inspiring. So, anyway she made a fabulous dinner, chicken tortilla soup, poppy seed salad and a peanut butter dessert to die for. It was all very yummalicsious! We got three (I think) rounds of Bunco in, and during the last and final rolling, I was at the table with Deidre and Cami, who both had the same amount of Buncos as I did. Now, we would have to have a roll off to determine who would receive the Bunco prize if nobody got one more Bunco. Now let me remind you...it was the last and final stage, and yes I, rolled a BUNCO!! O-yeah...who's the bomb??? It was awesome! And so because I rolled the most Buncos, I got the biggest prize...and the best prize! I was so surprised when Heather brought them out. So take a look at what I got...


One large duffel bag, two cosmetic bags with straps that can hook on them and two sets of earring and necklaces...holy cow! I was pretty excited. And to go along with that, Heather gave everyone of us a cute bag that is perfect for church and some yummy chocolate from Germany (she just spent 2 weeks in Germany...lucky girl!)
Goofy faces
All the prizes...so much fun!
Thanks for a fabulous night ladies...I had such a great time. And thanks Heather for being a fabulous host, even with a thrown out back...again your amazing! It was great to have everyone there, I think that is a first in a long time. I am already looking forward to next month...see ya then!


24 comments:

Hollie said...

Holy Bunco prizes Batman! I want to come to Heather's house the next time she hosts!

Kelly said...

Great job winning the Bunco prize. That last Bunco you rolled was so EXCITING!

Olson's said...

Hello - that sounds like so much fun!!! I was smiling just reading this post :) If I were you I would look forward to Bunco night too, especially with good friends, yummy food and nice prizes! Glad you get a night away to enjoy it.

Amanda said...

What a fun group of girls! Congrats on your last roll and win! I had a bunco group in Philly and I really miss it, girl nights are the best! I need to find one around here somewhere! Your group looks like too much fun, sweet prizes too!

Amanda said...

What a fun group of girls! Congrats on your last roll and win! I had a bunco group in Philly and I really miss it, girl nights are the best! I need to find one around here somewhere! Your group looks like too much fun, sweet prizes too!

Keysha said...

Wow! What a great prize...(and the food sounded drool-a-licious!) Sounds like a fun group of gals....But not a whole lot of Bonco being played. (Oh well, that's exactly how I would want it too. It's more about the get-away!)

Laurie said...

We are fun ladies!! It is weird to think how long we've been with the same group and I think last week was the first time we've all been there!! 'The Ghost' must be really sad that he missed out on such a great night.

RaCHeL said...

Wow! You guys have great prizes. What a fun thing to do with your friends. :) Do I see you this week? I hope so!

Matt and Courtney Orme said...

I was waiting for a blog! How fun! those bags are so cute. How much fun you have all those girl friends. You are very lucky! Love you...hey did you hear I'm coming home in May and 2 times in July and once in August. Going to be a crazy but fun summer!

dupaix5 said...

How fun...it looks like you have a great bunco group and great prizes. You Scored!

Tebbs Times said...

Dude, I should take up Bunco...looks like you all made out with some SWEET loot!! Seriously!!

Kristen said...

Those bags are CUTE! I'm not a huge Bunco fan but I'd play to get one of those!! Glad you get a great night out with friends once a month - all mommies should have that!

Post-it Notes said...

Looks like so much fun and that prize... wow!

K- so, I have never printed out one of my layouts before... I know you can print them out through shutterfly.com but I have never even looked to see how expensive it is. Sorry Im not more help.

Allison said...

I've never played Bunco but I hear it's fun. I think getting together with the girls, eating and chatting is what it's all about. Cute girls! Awesome prizes!

Kim said...

Natalie -
I have been peeking at your blog for awhile now...but I have just got to ask....where did your friend get those bags???? With traveling, I could use one for all my bathroom gear! So, so cute. I miss Bunco....what fun!

Kim said...

Just so you know I am not a stalker on your blog....this is Kim 'Burton' (Piper's sister, Jackie's friend :)
Thanks!
check me out here:
www.kimgarner.blogspot.com

Jacki said...

I want a bag!

Heather D. White said...

SUCH A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy you like your prizes!!! I just might get around to blogging about Bunco on my blog tonight. LOL! I am just slightly behind! Ha ha!!!! Love ya Nat!!!

Stacy said...

forget the bag, I want the recipe for the peanut butter desert.. sounds so fun Nat!

Stacy said...

Nat- tell brittany to invite me to her blog.

Kari said...

What a night. Food, friends and prizes. DOes it get any better that that?

DeJong Family said...

It was good seeing you yesterday at the gym,I swear I haven't seen you guys forever...probably because I can't get myself out of bed in the mornings..so I have been going at night. Mornings are much better though...hopefully I can get back in my routine shortly.
:)

Trisha Paddock said...

This is definately something I would look forward to all the time especially if you are going to get prizes like that! Wow....those prizes are so cute...what a sweet friend!

Annie Miller said...

Where was Heather when I was playing! She is amazing and oh so creative! I miss bunco so much. I'm so glad you are all together playing still. It's fun to see all of you again. Tell everyone hi! Fun to see the new faces :)