Yesterday my friend Lou-Lou and I decided to take our kids to this park that I mentioned a while back. It is a park that was built for kids with handicaps. Everything is very easy to play on to and it was perfect for my little Bode. A little background history on Bode at the park would be.... He usually lasts about 5 minutes, 10 minutes if we are lucky, and after that time has gone by I am usually chasing him out of the street or where ever his little soul takes him. He has no fear of leaving my side...actually I think he kind of thinks it is a game leaving my side, because everytime I chase him down, he is giggling hysterically. Well now yesterday we had a record time on Bode staying at the park. He played on the playground for 45 minutes! It was heaven for me, everything I thought a park entailed. Sitting on the side, watching the kids play and talking to a good friend. It was fabulous. And let me mention that little Miss Peiton was fabulous too. I think she just thought it was amazing to be outside. But after the 45 minutes were up he realized he could run away and he did so. By that time I was ready to pack up and go. It is about a 10-15 minute drive to get there, but well worth the drive. We will see if next time will be as smooth as it was yesterday....cross our fingers!
The Cost of Your Silence
1 year ago

Good ole' friends








14 comments:
That is awesome that you found a park that is better for Bode. Your kids are so cute. There's nothing like the bond of brothers. You are such a good mom!
BTW we're not sure when in Oct we're going to CA. We're waiting to see what track Bella gets.
Natalie,
Looks like fun. You'll have to tell me the address to that park. We still need to meet up sometime. Let's find a day that works and we can have Laurie come also. Let me know what your next week is like?
Kelley
Your family is so adorable! You are such a great mom too! I got a comment from Stacy on my blog and will you tell her that I would love to be able to view her blog too! My email is
ashjones7@gmail.com. Thanks!
You are such a good mom. I seriously look up to yo so much!
I don't know what all of you are talking about...the good mom thing, I don't think so. My poor kids never get to go to the park because it is so hard to go...or maybe I am just super LAZY!! Probably the LAZY part!
Hey Nat! I think you're one of the most "unlazy" people I know....I look at your blog and think how does she do it all? and I think I am so lazy compared to you. You are such a great mom. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting.
Nat, you're just fishing for compliments on the good mom thing. You know you're a great mom, only so many could handle a guy like Bode. You'll have to take Drew and me to the park sometime, maybe he could last 45 minutes there too!
What fun! It was so good seeing you the other night. I'm going to miss you! :(
Has Coop been watching Zoolander? I love his posing.
Peiton is getting so big. It seems like she should still be a newborn baby.
Looks like fun! Your kids are so cute!
How fun! I am glad he lasted, we definetly need to try the park by the river bottoms when it warms up more frequently. You serious are the cutest gal!
Your kids are so stinkin cute. I miss them. That park looked awesome and I'm so glad bode was actually able to play for a while. Good times.
Looks like a great time (for Bode and you!!) Nothing is nicer than sitting there on the side chatting while the kids play, it's a win-win!
cute picture's! Anabell loves to take off running away too, it's one of her favorite games! glad you found a park perfect for sweet Bode :) And YES you are a great mom!!
Post a Comment