Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"Your friends the Backyardigans..."

I am sure most of you mothers out there have heard of "The Backyardigans." Well at the Richards household, "The Backyardigans" plays a very important role. We could not imagine life without "The Backyardigans." Our little Bode LOVES them! What I love about "The Backyardigans" is that it gives Bode his workout for the day. Now Bode doesn't just sit and watch them, he does all of the actions, and I mean all of them. He gets quite a workout while watching them. It is the cutest thing ever! And what I love is that I can actually tolerate them, they aren't too annoying like some cartoons. So it gives me a little peace knowing that he is getting some physical activity while watching these Backyardigans all day long...(not really all day long, just half of the day...)
And does anybody know what Uniqua is??? Is she a Ant???
Bode getting his groove on with some of the actions

19 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

I love The Backyardigans. And Miss Spider's Sunny Patch. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to send them into the backyard and say, "Go pretend you are castaways!"

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! So cute:) Gotta love the Backyardigans. He is so stinking cute.
You are right. They aren't too annoying. Ali liked them when she was little. I think they are pretty cute.

RaCHeL said...

What a cutie! I have no idea what the Backyardigans are, but they look cute. :)

Shannon said...

I know you are probably sick of hearing about The Wiggles but I feel the same way about them as you do the Backyardigans. Ever since Charlie was 8 months old he would watch The Wiggles and dance the entire time. I never felt guilty about having him watch them all day because he was getting exercise and learning a little something along the way.

Allison said...

So cute. I don't think we've seen them here, we'll have to check them out.

Kathy said...

so cute! I often find myself singing songs from the backyardigans. I have no idea what they are supposed to be.

Keysha said...

The Peck household could not function without the Backyardigans...it is a daily (several times) might I add. We have to go through and list all the names of them and then Carsen will pick one from the DVR. I even know all the songs.

How cute that Bode does all the actions. Carsen just assigns us all different characters. (He usually wants to be Uniqua. Is there something wrong with that?)

Post-it Notes said...

Backyardigans are a favorite at our house too. I actually think its pretty cute. And... I have often wondered what Uniqua is?? An ant is a good guess!

Hollie said...

I can't believe he still loves the Backyardigans but I'd be happy too. I actually enjoy sitting down and watching it with Drew. He'll have quite the imagination, that boy.

Amanda said...

cute pictures, he is adorable! we'll have to check out the backyardigans, Anabell's into Dora and Elmo right now..they can be kind of annoying, she probably watches more tv then she should ;) all well...
I love the new look of your blog!

dupaix5 said...

I love it. I hope you have recorded him doing all the actions. That is way too cute.

Trisha Paddock said...

Oh, I just love Bode!!!

Whenever the girls are watching the Backyardigans, I always think of Bode!!!

And by the way...They say that Uniqua is "a unique creature" and Uniqua is the name of her species. Okay...If I know this information, I seriously need to get a life!!!

NatRat said...

Trisha, I am impressed! Look at you smarty pants! Thanks for letting me know, I have always wondered...and now I know. Thanks!

Jewels said...

Well Colby and Bode would get along quite well. Colby is obsessed with The Backyardigans. Since he was about 3 months he watched them. Crazy! I like that they aren't annoying either. I refuse to show him the annoying shows just yet. :)

Kristen said...

For the longest time I thought there was one episode where they sing the "Mormon Polka!" Poor Greg will never get to get into the Backyardigans like Graham did, now he has to watch what his older brother will tolerate. At least there is no Sponge Bob or CyberChase in our house yet! Cute Bode - dance it out buddy!

Deidre said...

oh Fun! Yes this is a favorite in our household. I actually find myself singing and dancing along with the kids. LOL! Bode is so cute! So great seeing you last night!

Olson's said...

So after reading this post I have become intent on making Aleah watch Backyardigans. She hasn't been too into it, but today I caught her singing and dancing to the music! I'm hoping that she's hooked, just like Bode!

Rebecca said...

How cute is that! I can just see him focused on doing everything just right along with The Backyardigans. I didn't know they existed but I'm glad someone was clever enough to create them and that Bode finds joy AND a work out with them. We missed you at your mama's over Easter -- hope to see you soon! xo Rebecca

Rachie said...

This is a favorite at our house too. We know all the songs ...including me!