Monday, April 21, 2008

Salt Lake City Marathon

On Saturday we ventured downtown to see the Salt Lake City Marathon runners come over the finish line. We were able to cheer my sister-in-law Alisha on as she did the 1/2 marathon. Go Alisha!! You did GREAT!

I think it is such an awesome experience to see these runners accomplish something that they have spent a lot of time prepping for. There is a lot of work that goes into running a 1/2 or a full marathon. A lot of time and energy. But the feeling that you get when you made it to the finish line is awesome and something that you wouldn't trade for anything (at least I wouldn't). I still remember my first marathon (and I thought it would be my last...it was a killer!) it was the Salt Lake Marathon 2 years ago. It was the year they changed it to June, and it was sooooo HOT! I think it was at mile 7 that I got heat stroke and thought I was going to pass out. Just thinking that Collin would be at every 5 mile stop cheering me on, helped me get through it. But coming down the shoot was the best feeling. You have crowds of family, friends and people you don't know cheering you on...it is such a great feeling and one that I won't forget.

If you have ever had the itsy, bitsy, desire of wanting to run a marathon, I suggest you take some action and do it! You won't regret it!Corey and Matix waiting for "Mommy" to come
She made it!

A little bored


Peiton we missed you! Thanks Holly and Charlie for watching her, it made it easier to enjoy!

19 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

My boss ran in the marathon and said it was the hardest he had ever done (and he has done New York and Boston!) because of the wind factor. Crazy! I could never run that distance, but I totally admire people that can!

Allison said...

I don't know if I could ever do a full. My dad has run over 25 marathons! Crazy. He would still be running but his hips are a problem. Are you going to do Hobblecreek?

Trisha Paddock said...

What an accomplishment for your sister-in-law!!! Thats awesome. Your family looks beautiful as always. Love that photo of Cooper!

I'm so glad that there's a park out there that Bode enjoys! He looked like he was really having fun! Love the one with his tongue sticking out....he is so cute!!!

NatRat said...

I am with your boss Heidi...I felt so bad for the runners, the wind was awful! And the SLC marathon is a hard marathon anyway I think, and to have the wind like it was on Saturday, it just makes it even worse.

KEYSHA said...

Way to be supportive! (Looks like Cooper was having a blast!) Love the signs...I bet Alisha was glad to have you guys there. (You know how it is to have people cheering you on. It's what keeps you going)!

Aly said...

Hello my cute friend!! I have missed looking at your blog so much! Hope that you are having a great week.
PS..
I taught some classes at the Scrapbook expo this weekend. It was crazy busy, but really a lot of fun.

Stacy said...

So I am going to run this week and if it doesn't kill me, I will sign up with your group for the marathon, so keep a spot open for me...that is again if it doesn't kill me.

Kehl Family said...

Natalie,
I just read your comment on my blog and I would love to get together this week. Friday is my best day too, so let plan on it. I will talk Laurie also and lets get a plan going. I am so excited to meet you and little Bode. I would also love to see what you did to get him mobile at an early age. Tommy is pretty content to just SIT. Oh well!!! Call me on my cell or home # when you get this and lets figure something out.
Kelley
Cell...541-0113 Home...943-3538

Tawnya said...

Ok seeing those pictures makes me want to actually TRY to keep going with training. My biggest problem is time really...but I gotta make time! Yeah the wind Saturday was pretty bad. Here's to my long run Saturday!

Kristen said...

How sweet of you to go cheer them on! I'd think a 5K would be a better place for me to start!

Lish or Coors said...

Thanks for coming and cheering me on!! It was a lot of fun to get into the home stretch and see you all there.

Kari said...

I remember crossing the finish line for Hobblecreek 1/2 marathon...I was super emotional and when I saw Gareth at the finish line cheering me on, it was all I could do to not burst into tears. I said I'd never do it again, but now I think it would be fun....

Amanda said...

Maybe someday you can convince me to, well, even run and enjoy it? I wish I did, I think it's so awesome!! I would love to be able to say I ran one someday, or even a half.
(Heath's been running and he is liking it, maybe there's hope for me?)

dupaix5 said...

I admire anyone who has ever done a marathon, I can hardly run up my stairs. I would love to do one someday. Your family is way too cute, I love all of your pictures.

Heidi and Judd said...

Way to go! I'm surprised you weren't out there running it yourself! Are you training for another one anytime soon? Way fun!

Shannon said...

I was thinking the same thing as Heidi. Why didn't you run it? I know several people that did the half and the 5K, but I am shocked you didn't.

Annie Miller said...

I just signed up for St. George! Scary!!!

RaCHeL said...

What fun! I admire all you runners. Maybe one day I'll have the desire....
Your hair looks really cute! :)

NatRat said...

I did actually start to train for it, but training in the winter is awful, and running on the treadmill for more than 9 miles is death...so I bailed out.