Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthday Celebration

The last week we have been having birthday celebrations like crazy. It has been a fun and wild, 7th, birthday for Coop dawg. We started the celebration on his birthday. I was really dreading throwing a kid birthday party for him and with a little negotiations, I didn't have to do one...yipee! He had a great day at school, he was able to be the "king for the day" which he thought was pretty cool. He got out of school and to his surprise, there was Grandma Bubba ready to walk him home, he was so happy to see her and spend a little time with her. Then when he got home, Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Holly were there waiting for him. He got to open presents from both grandparents, he was already spoiled, no need to give him the ones we got him. After Collin got home we opened the presents from us and then headed out to eat at his favorite restaurant, NOODLES & company. As part of the negotiation, we told him we would take him to Boondock's, well we got there and the parking lot was crazy full! There was no way we were going in, he was a good sport and said that was fine and that he would go play with some of his birthday toys. He was also pretty lucky because, the doorbell kept ringing, all of his friends and neighbors were bringing him birthday gifts, did I mention he got pretty spoiled?

On Friday night we had a little party with the Richards side of the family. Everyone was able to make it except Cam and Nicky and Court and Matt. It was fun to celebrate AGAIN.
Then Sunday night we celebrated with the Van Wagoner side of the family, or as you can tell by the picture, a few of us decided to celebrate :)

I think I am all birthday'd out for a while...

12 comments:

Kelly said...

It was fun Friday. Thanks again! He's getting so big!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Parties...parties and more parties!! You are the Party Queen, Nat!

It was probably nice to not have to worry about a friend party though. I told my kids that they can have a friend party every other year (even #'s). So like this year, they turned 8 and 6 so they got parties. Next year, family parties only!!

Makes life much easier! You are a great mom and I can't believe how STINKING BIG COOP is. Seriously! So darn cute!!

Hollie said...

Coops a good kid. How many 7 year olds wouldn't throw a tantrum for not being able to go into Boondocks on their birthday? He's a good seed.

Trisha Paddock said...

Cooper is such a good son! And I agree with Alicia...you are a Party Queen! You have such great taste and I love your style!!!

Allison said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the color of his hair, it is so cute. And your super mom to have so many parties!

Summer said...

What seven-year-old prefers Noodles& Co to any other place? One with very discerning taste, ha! I was fully expecting the next word to be something like Chuck-E-Cheese, McDonalds... This kid definitely has you for a mom. ;D

The Garber Family said...

He's so cute. I love Cooper!

Stacy said...

Oh Coop the poop, how fast the time flies! You are definetely my favorite seven year old nephew.

Tebbs Times said...

K...glad to see that Noodles is the favorite of Coopers. My kids chant Noodles, noodles, noodles when we ask where they want to eat. Darn, cheesy Mac n cheese.
Cute little Cooper big 7 year old!!

Kari said...

Happy birthday to Cooper!! He is such a cute little boy and so polite. Everyday after school I say hi to him and he's always so nice to talk back, but inside I'm sure he's thinking "why does that crazy mom keep talking to me!!" Glad to hear it was a fun week of celebration for all of you!!

brandonandlexee said...

That's so nice that all the others made it easy on ya, glad he had a great b-day. Tell Cooper that I almost had to have my leg cut off from the brown recluse bite, that will make his day! K it wasn't quite that bad but if I had let it go too much longer that is the only way to keep the bite from spreading to your whole body. The bite was on the back of my leg kinda behind my knee. The doctor just had to DIG out the whole wound..grose! It started out looking like a mosquito bite then turned hole eating away the skin. That's all I remember since it was so long ago. Hope no one else reads this or they will think I'm wierd for putting this in your comments! You asked:)

Kari said...

Oh my gosh I canNOT believe he's 7 years old! He's growing up so fast! Love the pics. We miss you guys!