Monday, September 22, 2008

Under construction

"Where have I been lately?" Well, I guess you could say, "a little busy." About 9 months ago, we noticed our kitchen floor starting to bubble and pop up, well we realized that our fridge had been slowly leaking and the floor was getting warped. Well finally, we are getting around to repairing it. And we have lived here for about 4 years, so of course, I want to kind of change things up. I guess nothing can be done simple...right? So, I have been busy, priming, painting, ripping up floor, keeping kids out of the kitchen/family room, living with my fridge in the office, no stove, eating out, living with dust EVERYWHERE, and just really wishing this doesn't take to long. Collin on the other hand has been, ripping up floor, laying sub floor, laying flooring, working, dealing with me, dealing with our patient kids, and did I mention dealing with me? We both have had our hands full for the last few days. We are both excited so far on how everything is turning out, I love the paint and I love the floor. So we will update soon, hopefully everything will be done sooner than later.

And a big hooray goes out to all of our help...we have been so thankful for it. Randall, Jason, Charlie, Cam, Justin...you rock!! And the Lou thanks for the pizza, milkshakes, and babysitting. And how could I forget the fan...it has kept Peiton asleep through all the banging.




A glimpse of the water damage. Luckily it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.

Ripped up carpet

Starting the painting...ohhh, how miserable. This was the hardest stuff to paint. Thank goodness it was worth it, because I will never use it again.



The floor is a comin' in!
Randall!
Charlie!
Jason and Collin!


23 comments:

Em said...

it sounds like you guys have taken on a large project. i bet it will look great when you are done.
i looked at your bird pics and you were not kidding, i can't believe the city won't do anything.

Em said...

oh ya, i know for some reason you said you couldn't get in my blog by clicking on the picture so here it is if your ever board and need something to look at:) www.emscrazyworld.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Holy cow, what a project! I love the new floor and paint, and I LOVE the way you decorate!!!! I can't wait to see it when it's all done. You'll have to post pics.
Kudos doing all of it with 3 kids too, I can't imagine, you guys are amazing!
(Ps...glad the water damage wasn't as bad as you thought, that's not fun!)

Laurie said...

I LOVE your new floors! Are we going to find out later that you caused that little water leak so that you could get your floors done?? j/k It looks really good.

Heidi Totten said...

What a nightmare! But I LOVE the new floor. I guess you could say I covet my neighbor's floor.

KEYSHA said...

Oh man! I need to get over there and check it all out. I'm love'n what I see so far!!! Our basement is open if you need it. (Seriously)!

I am excited for you and can't wait to see your gorgeous 'new' house!!!

Paige said...

WOW! I love the changes. What color green is that? I love it. I think I am playing bunco with you guys in october!

cobijared said...

It sounds like you are busy getting new kitchen. We have been worried not seeing updates everyday. I will hopefully see you guys this weekend.

Kristen said...

The floor looks gorgeous!! (You look hot there too in your painting get up!!) :)

Is your construction crew for hire next year when I rip my cheapo carpet up?

Trisha Paddock said...

I love your new floors. Can't wait to see the finish look!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

It looks so good Nat. I need that paint, but Jason says now way! Hahaha, maybe you will have to help me sometime when he is out of town (wink...wink)!!

I love your floors. Hopefully only a few more hours for the guys to get it all done! It is going to look AWESOME! Let me know if you need help from me.

Kathy said...

Love the green paint! You are so ambitious!!! And you are training for a marathon, I think you're superwoman!

Kelly said...

LOVE IT! That green is awesome. The floors are looking really good too. Sorry we haven't been able to help, just one of those weeks ya know? Can't wait to see the finished product.

loulou said...

It looks sooo good. I love it. Maybe I can talk Justin into doing it for our house. ha

Allison said...

Wow, what a huge project! It looks great. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

Ooh la la! I am loving the wood floors! Sometimes bad things can turn into some great things! Love it!

Olson's said...

Nat - you're house looks amazing! It will be totally worth all the hassle :) I love the floors, and I love the paint color so much I just might have to steal it!

Can't wait to see it all completed.....

Summer said...

Hang in there!!! It looks like it is going to be completely worth the hassle, huh? Way to be do-it-yourselfers!

Jewels said...

That does not look fun at all...but the new floor and paint looks really good!

brandonandlexee said...

Beautiful floor! and I love the GREEN...it's my favorite color:) Home projects are always a disaster but just imagine sitting in your newly painted, newly floored house in a few weeks going..."aaahhh, this looks awesome---it was totally worth the pain." :) can't wait to see the finished product

Anonymous said...

That looks so nice! Is there anything you two can't do? I know you don't know me well, but if you need help with your kids or anything-call me. I'd love to help!

Kari said...

WHOA! That is a transformation! Oh my gosh you need to post pics of the finished product, please!!! What a project. And you're training for a marathon? Is there ANYTHING you cannot do?!

RaCHeL said...

Oh the joys of updating! I know exactly how you feel. I love the green in your kitchen. It looks just like ours! Great minds think alike! :) I love the floors too! Nice work!