Friday, September 12, 2008

Flags

For the last 6 years, we have been going to the flags that are displayed in Sandy City in remembrance of the people's life's that were taken by the 9-11 attack. It has been a tradition and will continue to be a tradition as long as they do it. It is weird to think that Cooper will be learning about the 9-11 attack in school someday and it will be good to know that there was also some joy in that day, it being his birthday.



I am so grateful for the men and women that continue to fight for our freedom. We live in an amazing country and we are so lucky to have the freedom that I have.

9 comments:

loulou said...

Cool post...I liked it.

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

That is a fun tradition. You guys are so cute.

I too am so grateful for the brave men and women that fight for our freedom. We are so blessed!!

Thanks for posting about it.

Em said...

I am glad you take your family to that. It is so important to remember the events that took place that day and teach our kids about it.

Miranda said...

I thought of Cooper on 9/11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER!!!

Shannon said...

I think a lot of people thought about Coooper on 9/11. My sister was at Costco on Thursday and ran into Charlie they talked for a few minutes. Emily came over to my mom's house when she was finished at Costco. I happened to be at my there when she got there and she was telling me about her and Charlie's conversation. I told Emily that it was Cooper's B-day and she said I know I thought about that after I finished talking to Charlie. My mom was out running errands when she got home my dad said something about it being 9/11 and my mom said, "Oh yeah today is Cooper Richard's birthday."

Although 9/11/2001 was not a great day for the country it was certainly a great day for those of us who know you and your sweet little Cooper. HAPPY BRITHDAY COOP!

Trisha Paddock said...

What an awesome family tradition....your kids will always remember that.

And yes, we are so blessed to live in a wonderful country!!!

Post-it Notes said...

Great post! We loved going to see the flags when we lived closer. It is an awesome tradition!

brandonandlexee said...

What a great tradition! I've always wondered how you felt on that day being in the hospital a first time mom and having one of the most horrible events take place at the same time. I'm glad that you were able to still enjoy it...I would've been bawling the whole time. Am I the only one that felt like a psycho the first week after birth? (not so much a psycho just a cry baby over everything and full of anxiety...anyone?)

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

That is so neat that your family does that! Happy Birthday to your little man Cooper. He is darling!!