Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Dig me up some copper!"



Today we went a little further than our backyard and headed up to Kennecott Copper Mine. I have been wanting to take the boys here for a while now and it was a perfect time since it was Coop's last week off track. I haven't been there since I was like 14 and I didn't remember much. It was pretty neat to see the big hole (or mine) and the huge trucks. Bode was actually quite intrigued. It was a perfect trip, only $5.00 to get in, and we were there probably about 45 minutes, just in time to come home for lunch and naps. I don't think I will be buying a season pass there, but I am glad we went.
A few shots by the huge tire
All the kids except Sydney, Jake and Cole
Cooper, Paul, Luke
Bode loved the visitor's center. There were so many buttons to push, things lit up, and he looking darling using these telescopes.

17 comments:

Tebbs Times said...

My kids love the big tire!! I think thier favorite though, is the gift shop...that is what they want to go back for everytime!! Let's plan a get together on my back patio before the weather stays like it did on Sunday!!:)

KEYSHA said...

Good times at the Copper Mine. Gift shop? How did we miss the gift shop? Oh well, probably for the best...Myka would've put everything in her mouth and Carsen would've been begging me to buy everything!

Love the outings. You and your kids are always perfect company....and now we can check that one off the list! (Great pictures. I'm glad you were able to capture Bode looking into the microscope...that too cute!)

Kristen said...

Oh how fun - we've been wanting to go up there. I wish I knew you all were going! Sad!!

Hollie said...

Looks like fun. Love the pic of Bode. Cute new blog look too.

Jenny and Jared said...

Darling pics of your kids. I don't know how you keep up with all of your blogging and scrapbooking- but I am very impressed!

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love taking pics by the big tires. I have a picture of my kids a couple of years ago. I should go take another one and keep track of how much they change over the years.
Super cute kids....Bode is so stinkin' cute!!

Stacy said...

I actually just got out of having to go to the copper mine. jackson has been wanting to go his whole life and he finally went a couple of weeks ago with the scouts. loved it. the girls however aren't begging to go so don't know if i will ever make it out to the good ole copper mine. your new design is cute. you are so darling and a such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I didn't know you could take kids up there. Your whole family is just too darling!! It'll be fun to check in on your blog now and then-it'd be fun to get to know you guys better:)

Lish or Coors said...

Awwwww....that picture of Bode is so stinkin' cute!! Looks like lots of dirty fun.

Summer said...

I love the new layout!! I've been trying to figure out what to do to mine, but had no inspiration until now... duh- it's almost fall!!! :-)

Bode looks like a little scientist- haha! Cute.
Isn't it funny that Kennecott was touted as the only man-made blemish on the face of the earth visible (with the naked eye) from space? I always wondered why we weren't kind of ashamed of that- ha!
But you gotta love the tire and the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" effect.

Kathy said...

Kyra loves the mine! It's funny hoe much kids like a big hole!

Amanda said...

I love that last pic of Bode! Your kids are sooo cute, my mom and I are always saying that :) Looks like a fun trip to the copper mine, I haven't been there in years either, its a good idea to go!

cobijared said...

I want to go there!!! We are learning about itin Utah Studies! Sounds like fun!!!

Love Preslee

-p.s.- that picture of Bode looking through the telescope is So Dang CUTE!!!

Post-it Notes said...

I havent been there in ...forever. What a fun trip!

Marcy said...

What a great time, good idea girls…I’ve never been up there before it was so amazing. Jake couldn’t get enough… It’s always an adventure taking all the kids out. I love all your pictures; especially Bode looking in the microscope he’s so adorable…

What gift shop??

Allison said...

That looks like so much fun. I love that top pic of Peiton and the one with Bode on the ride. Cute cute kids.

Jacki said...

Your such a fun mom Nat Rat!