Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swiss Days

I can't believe Labor day weekend is here. This is year I am kind of sad to see it hear this soon. I feel like the summer has kind of been too short since we got shorted on the springtime this year. I am NOT ready for the cold to come and for winter. I am not a fan of the winter time. It will be nice to have the weather cool down a little bit, but I want it to stay that way at least through September, perfect if it lasted through October too.

It has been tradition in my family to go to Swiss Days up in beautiful Midway, Utah for so many years now. I remember going as a child on Friday night with our neighbors the Russell's, we always had so much fun. We have kind of continued the tradition by staying at my Grandma and Pa Edwards house on Friday night (they live in Charleston, which is the town neighboring Midway) and those that want to run the 10 k in the morning do and then we stay and watch the parade. It is something that I look forward to as the summer comes to a end.
We started off by meeting our good friends the Peck's, who were also headed up to enjoy some of the festivities. Now let me talk about the cute Peck's for a minute. They too are one of our fabulous neighbors that we love to spend time with. We have had many good laughs with them and a lot of fun memories. Just look at them, they are a darling family. Keysha and I have become great friends and I love to spend time with her. She is one of those girls that looks amazing, anytime of the day. If it is 5 am at the gym, she looks great or just when she is in her sweats, she makes them look killer, she is a doll. She has also been a great running partner too (although she is a little quicker than me, and I probably slow her down quite a bit) but we have had some good times running together. Keysha is very friendly and is always up for making new friends and always is ready to have a good time and always up for a good challenge, I love it! I know that I can count on her for anything. They are just an all-around cute family!

Alright back to the subject of the weekend....we went to a restaurant called Breadstix, it was pretty good, but kind of crowded so we split the tables up so we didn't have to wait as long. We had some wild and crazy kids that really wanted to eat so it actually worked out great, but we weren't able to talk as much. After dinner we said our goodbyes and they headed to the Zermatt and we headed to Grandma and Pa's for the big family slumber party.

The race started at 7 am the next morning. It was a beautiful morning, a tid bit cold, but it eventually warmed up. Alisha and Corey surprised us that morning, Alisha was up and ready to run the race, it was so good to have her there. (They drove up that morning from Salt Lake, very dedicated, it is a hour drive) My cousin's Brittany, Allison and Tyler were all running too, it was great to see them since we don't see them too much through out the year. If anyone ever has the chance to run this race, do! It is such a beautiful course, a little hilly at first, but worth it. A little downer was that I ran in a running skirt that I had never ran in before and I guess it was a little big, because I was pulling the dang thing up during the whole race, it was a little annoying and I am sure people got there share of a show that they really did pay to see, hopefully it didn't go down too low.

Here are a few after shots. Keysha, I didn't get one of you and me...duh! Keysha rocked the race, of coarse, she is die hard! And for all those single ladies reading my blog, my cute cousin Tyler is single (if you call him single, he dates up a storm) I could line you up....I would have to approve first, he is one cute kid and deserves the best.

After the race we hit the parade. This was one killer parade, well the parade wasn't the greatest, but the candy was awesome! They threw some yummy candy, not just your salt water taffy stuff, some good stuff, and tons of it. I think we have our Halloween candy set for this year we got so much.

Thanks Grandma and Pa for letting us crash at your house. Your hospitality was great like usual. I loved all the yummy fruit, especially those strawberries....thank you! And Tillmann's and V-dubs, we missed you, hope you had a great weekend. And another SHOUT-OUT to Collin who makes it possible for me to do these crazy race things and help with all the kids, mom and dad you were a big help too, thanks!

14 comments:

Olson's said...

What a fun family tradition! I'm glad you guys had a such a great time, but sorry that we missed dinner with you guys on Friday night.

I totally forgot to ask you how the run went and when we got home from church T.J. was telling me that you were super fast! Way to go - not that I'm surprised, you are one speedy lady. I can't wait to watch you cross the finish line in St. George!

Ashley said...

thanks for posting about good ol' swiss days! It's good to see some pics of my siblings. I'm sad that I missed it this year! Maybe next year i'll have to come and do the race too! :)

KEYSHA said...

Ah, (blush, blush). You're so kind. We were SO GLAD you guys were in town with us!! Even if we didn't get to sit by each other at dinner..We had the luxury of looking over and seeing Chad's 'brother!'

Thanks for running the race with me (and picking me up). You're right..it was a beautiful course, and it made me a little homesick for good 'ole Heber. (Or maybe that was just me feeling nauseous after running so many hills!) Oh, and maybe if you weren't so darn skinny your skirt wouldn't fall of:)

What a great family tradition. I wish I had family there to stay with and I would make it a tradition as well! Thanks for being such fun friends!

(And for being my only gym buddy this morning!)

Lish or Coors said...

That was a great run!! I really like the change in the course this year......it was awesome!

Kathy said...

I went up Friday with some girls and we hit Swiss days on Saturday! It was so crowded, but fun. You are so awesome running all of your races, how do you find out about all of them? I want to start doing some.

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. You guys are amazing. Your family is so super cute.

Love ya!!

Kelly said...

Fun! You guys are the cutest little family too.(As well as the Pecks) You look really cute in that skirt, skinny minnie! You are so inspiring with all the running you're doing.
It was great to see you guys today.

loulou said...

Good job on your race!

Kristen said...

Look at you run run run!! That is so cool. And I'll bet you gave everyone a great show in your skirt - lol. We opted out of Swiss Days this year - now I wish we would've gone! Darn it. Glad you got to have a fun time with the Keysha and her cute family though!

Post-it Notes said...

Hey, I was at Swiss Days on Friday... too bad we missed each other. Looks like you had a good time. Dontcha love Swiss Days!!

cobijared said...

Hey sorry I missed you guys sounds like you guys had a bunch of fun.

Allison said...

That all looks like so much fun. I love Midway it is so beautiful. Ya know, Ragnar goes right through that place. Can't wait!

I have to say I love your sister Hollie's hair cut. I think I need to cute my hair just like that. Is her hair thick or thin, naturally curly or straight? (The details matter ya know!)

Aly said...

Holy crap girl you are amazing! I want to know if you have been a runner your whole life or if you just started since you were an adult? I just want some hope! :) I love the hate list for your sister too. What a funny idea! You are darling!

brandonandlexee said...

Good times!! I have never been to Swiss days but it looks like fun. Good job on the 10k you little runner you:) Bode does look so cute with those telescopes and those tractor tires are flippin HUGE