Wednesday, August 20, 2008

LIFE JUST GOT A little HARDER...

Peiton has now decided that she wants to conquer the long, dreadful stairs. She does great on them, the only problem is, she just stops and turns around and doesn't realize that she will fall all the way to the bottom and land on the hard slate. The stairs scare me to death! She needs to learn to do them, but then I don't want her falling and cracking her head open, but then again, all kids are destined to have a good fall down the stairs...right?



13 comments:

brandonandlexee said...

Life will never be the same:) I'm sure she is pretty tough with those two brothers rough housing with her, a fall down the stairs is nothin compared to them!! She is too cute though

KEYSHA said...

Oh the dreaded stairs! I was always a nervous wreck when Myka would go up the stairs...You're right, they just turn around with a big smile on their face and don't realize they will fall to their death if they aren't careful.

It looks like she is mastering them wonderfully though! She is such a little cutie patootie!

Summer said...

Ha ha! I was jus talking to my sister today about catching Bree at the end of a pretty long tumble, and how we're just waiting for one of us to forget the gate and catch Anya falling. Brrr- gives me the chills! Luckily, they've both started showing interest in learning how to do back down the safe way.

Best wishes for the next "learning curve!"

Summer said...

Gotta say- this was better than what I was fearing your title meant... ha! I was thinking "oops" baby or something...

Annie Miller said...

Luckily we have no stairs in our house...but sometimes I think it's good if they're around them because then they learn. Grace will be clueless! She sure it a cutie :)

cobijared said...

I rememember when Nash learned to go up and down the stairs. So we had to get asafety gate. Then came the walking. But they still are Cute!!!

Good luck!!!

Preslee

Laurie said...

Two words: baby gates.
I used to have them up everywhere. Our house was like a mini Alcatraz.

Hollie said...

Drew used to do that too. Just stop mid-stair and turn around. It freaked me out. But hey, the kid fell down the stairs three times in his young life and he's okay. That's why their bones aren't fully developed yet.

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

I hate the stairs too, but you are right...kids have to learn somehow!!
She is so stinking cute I just can't handle it. I know...I know I tell you this at least once or twice a week, but really! You are in TROUBLE when she grows up girlfriend. She is going to be a mankiller (like her mamma!!!

Love ya

The Garber Family said...

Miles just mastered the down part, so i think we are finally out of the woods with stairs. But now he's decided he likes to climb up on the kitchen table. If it's not one thing it's another...

Kathy said...

Every kid needs a good fall down the stairs! Jaxon has taken two tumbles down already! He goes up fine but can't seem to figure out the down part! I agree I am terrified of the stairs too.

Allison said...

That is one reason I am glad to have a rambler. I have a gate at the top of our stairs. But I also think it's important to let them learn the stairs. They have to eventually. :) She is such a doll!

Amanda said...

She is so stinkin cute! I don't know why kids like the stairs to play on more then anything too. They love them! Anabell's taken a few tumbles down the stairs before :( I'm worried with the next baby too b/c our new house has hard tile at the bottom too.
Good luck, it is scary! I've heard it said though, every little kid has to fall down the stairs and out of bed at least once. It's not fun to think about though!