Friday, August 22, 2008

Birthday dinner

My birthday was last week and my sister Hollie's birthday is next week so we decided to combine the little dinner get-away with my parents. We decided to head up to Ruth's Diner. I love Ruth's Diner, I think it is the atmosphere that I love more than anything. It is up Immigration canyon and it is this old little diner that has patio seating and it is just really nice and pretty out on the patio seating. On Thursday nights during the summer they have "Blaine's Barbecue," he lives near my parents and we have actually had him cater some of our family events before, so we all new it was so good. Well I decided to try something off of the actual menu instead of the barbecue...big mistake...well not huge, my food was still okay, but I really wished I would have got the barbecue. So that was kind of a bummer, but I was able to pick on everyone else's plate just to get a little taste, it was delish!

If there is ever a night during the last weeks of summer that we have, head up to Ruth's diner and get "Blaine's Barbecue," it is well worth it. Just a heads up, there is quite a wait, after 6:00 it is probably a hour wait. Crazy place, but crazy fun! They do have a live band on Thursday's night, which kept Peiton entertained.

Thanks for dinner dad and mom and for the fun night and thanks Jacki for tending the two boys so we were able to go.
Peiton got to tag along with the adults and she was so good. She loved listening to the band, we were front and center and she just sat there and clapped and kicked her legs. She had a blast.
Love ya dad and mom!
Russ and Haws...Russ your hand looks HUGE in this picture!


13 comments:

Summer said...

I love that place! Wow- haven't been there in almost 10 years, though. It'll probably be another ten before I get a chance to go back- ha! Hmm- I'll have to keep it in mind 'til then....

Summer said...

Drrt. Happy Birthdays!! (Thought I wrote that first. :-b )

Annie Miller said...

MMMmmm I LOVE Ruth's Diner. Especially the corn bread. Great atmosphere. Never tried the BBQ night. Sounds fun!

Stacy said...

I forgot about Blaine's BBQ I must go.

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

Looks like you had fun!! You are so pretty, seriously!!

Love ya

Hollie said...

It was fun, and yes, Russ's hand looks gigantic in that picture. Now I've got a gorilla for a hubby.

Doug & Angie Gray said...

Happy Birthday Nat!!! We are getting old. I don't feel that old but having 3 kids and one on the way makes me feel old.

Jared and Casi said...

Happy Birhtday Nat!! I am glad you had a good time.

Kathy said...

I love Ruth's Diner, I haven't been up there in years! Hope you had a good birthday!

RaCHeL said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What a fun night! I'm glad you got to go out. There is nothing better!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you had such a nice dinner with your family and your little little munchkin Pei Pei. We will have to try that restaurant sometime, we are always looking for yummy food with a nice environment!

Best wishes for a great year, you look Great! (of course!!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Nat!

Jewels said...

Glad you had a good b-day! I LOVE Ruth's Diner. I agree it must be the atmosphere. Any restaurant you can eat outsite is good with me!