Yesterday a bunch of others and I ran the HObbLe CreEk 1/2 Marathon, it was a blast. This was by far my most favorite 1/2 I have ran (well it is only my 2nd, but still the best). The course was great, mostly downhill for the first 8 miles and then it kind of got hilly, but not too bad. It kind of got hot toward the end, but it was still great. The scenery was beautiful! You run down HoBbLe CReEk canyon and into Mapleton and finish there. It was such a fun group that I ran with, which makes it so much fun.
Here is a few of us finishing....T.J. I am especially sooo proud of you, you were amazing!
Me and my biggest fan! I am so lucky to have a husband that will deal with me and all my long runs to get trained for things like this. It takes a lot of patience because he is with the kids on Saturday mornings and sacrifices a lot for me (a lot of early morning golf games). I really appreciate all the love and support he gives me.
It is always sooo good to have people cheering you on when you are finishing. I was so happy to see my awesome friends Marcy and Alicia at the finish line with signs cheering us on. You girls RoCk!
My sister Stacy ran this 1/2 also. It was so fun to have her there and to be able to talk to her during the training process. I am so proud of her! Her last 1/2 marathon she hated, so it takes a lot to try another one and she roCkeD it! There is nothing like crossing the finish line and having your fans there cheering you on, it is actually very emotional and Stacy definitely felt that. She was so cute, she came up to me after the finish the tears started coming and my tears started coming, it is such a good feeling. You cry baby Stacy!
This is the winner of the 1/2, he was amazing! He finished it in like 60 something minutes. Incredible! We couldn't help not get a picture with him...what a stud!Like I said before this marathon was so much fun...including waking up at 4 am so we could make it to Mapleton to catch the bus by 5:30 that takes you up to the top of the course. We were lucky to get into a bus that kept overheating, so it had to continue to pull over so it took longer to get up to the top. The longer it took meant the more time we were able to stay on the bus and not sit around at the top in the freezing cold waiting for the race to start. And that fact that when we got to the top we had to wait in line to use the define "porta potties" to get the race nerves out of the system...if you know what I mean. I was so happy with my time and it just got me more excited for the St. George marathon coming up in 6 weeks! Holy Cow! Thanks friends for a great run...I had a blast!






18 comments:
Nat you are going to do awesome in St. George. Great run yesterday!
You girls are AMAZING!!! I was talking to Jason and I think I might want to try and run a half marathon next year. You girls are pretty hot chica's and inspirations to us all :)
Thanks for running so we could come cheer you on. It was very fun and exciting to watch you finish!
Love ya NatRat!!!
What a great run! There is nothing like crossing that finish line and knowing you are done (but more importantly knowing what you just accomplished and all the hard work that went in with it!)
Thanks for being my running friend. You're an inspiration to me! It would not be the same without a group of friends to share the laughs with (while waiting in line at the Honey Buckets!)
You rocked that run. I'm excited for you to rock St. George! (Here's to more training for you...and me just kick'n back and enjoying some 6 milers!) Love ya.
Nat you are amazing!!! Good job, that is so fun you were able to run with your sista too! (What a great running group too) I can't believe the St. George Marathon is so close, Heath has been training like crazy. He ran 18 yesterday and was pretty dead the whole day. How do you do it? You are amazing! I'm glad Collin is such a great supporter too!
Congrats again, I'm still waiting for your love of running to wear off on me! :) Maybe someday...I hope! You look FABULOUS too, you are soooo cute!
Oh, holy coooow, that is awesome!!! I wish I had let my marathon running sister rub off on me, too, before I left. But only because I want a great bod- not because I actually want to work for it...
You inspire me to want to work for it, though- and that is quite a feat. What an amazing cousin-in-law I've acquired!
I love your scrapbooked photos, BTW. This is the cutest blog!!
Umm, did you put lipstick on before you took all those pictures?
One day I'll do it with you too. Good job.
Nat ran like the wind! Seriously, she did really well. Have you all noticed how flashy her legs look in her running attire.... HOT mama Richards! Watch out Mariah, here comes Natalie! (that was for collin)
Nat You look so good, wish you lived closer I miss all the fun love you guys Cobi
That is awesome Natalie!! You all are so cool for doing that!! Wanted to tell you how super cute you looked today at church. I was too busy making 800 copies and forgot. :)
Good job on the run and how fun to do with with good friends and your sister!
Yay Natalie! I am so jealous! I'm having some shin splint trouble so I will be doing 18 on the elliptical on Tuesday. Hoping I can work out the bugs by St. George! I want to run run run...but right now it hurts hurts hurts :) Way to go!
How fun! Count me in next year when I am not prego. You guys are awesome...way to go on the run!
Nat, you totally ROCKED that race. Great job! That was truly inspiring seeing all you girls cruise in like it was nothing. I’m glad you make it look so easy so that maybe just maybe I’ll be there with you next year. You’re amazing!! Cute pictures by the way, you look really great!
I loved that race! It was the best run of my life. You really are an inspiration and one hot mamma. Good job on the race and good luck in St. George!
Way to go Nat! You are going to do so great in St. George. I'm still trying to figure out a way to come watch. You look AWESOME!!!
You go girls! I'll be lucky to make it through the 10k on Saturday!
Hey Nat! Good job! I was doing the same as you, only farther north (Top of Utah) and MUCH slower, I'm sure. Good luck with St. George. You will do great I have no doubt.
Way to go!!! You did awesome!! Looks like a fun group to be together with!! Good luck in St. George!!
You are a runnin' fool!! Good for you!
Post a Comment