Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"Just a little fed up..."

Alright, this post links back to a previous post "Tuppence a bag" in the post I talked about a neighbor that has WAY to many bird feeders and I felt a little like Mary Poppins. Well now I am not so giddy as Mary Poppins, I am more like Rambo and want to blow the birds heads off or blow the bird feeders to pieces. I am so fed up with the birds! The main reason would be the bird crap that is all over the place. My house is surrounded by it and it is making me ill. For instance I have this nice patio furniture set that Collin bought me for Mother's day last year and it is no longer usuable, it is covered in bird feces! Everytime I look at it I get sick to my stomach and more frustrated. And I am not to keen on going out and cleaning up bird crap. I can't even send my kids in the backyard because of the bird crap everywhere, Bode would probably play in it. It is discusting! And it is just not my house, it is all over the neighborhood, we have been swarmed by birds.



So my question to all my fellow blog readers, is "what do I do?" Should I go and talk to her as kindly as possible and say what? Should we leave a anomynous letter on the porch? Should I call the city and see if there is an ordinance on how many stinkin bird feeders you can have in your yard? Should I hire a bird hitman? What do I do? It is driving me crazy!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated or any ideas on how to get rid of birds would be much appreciated.







This pictures actually don't do it justice...it is everwhere!








18 comments:

Annie Miller said...

I'm telling you...BB gun. Works wonders :)

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

Oh i'm sorry...I would call the city, put an anonymous note and if it doesn't work resort to a bb gun.

Summer said...

Maybe you can ask her advice. "Which pest control company should I go with? Bird B Gone or Orkin?"

Anonymous said...

That is horrible, I would be really upset also. I would go to the city and see about an ordinance. I would also do a little target practice. Good luck, lets us know how it turns out.

Marcy said...

Nat you weren’t kidding about all the CRAP! That stinks!!! Maybe show her your pictures (that’s all the proof she will need). If she was a nice person at all she could cut back on a few of the feeders.. I feel for you, it’s never fun to confront a neighbor… Could she really be that big of a bird lover?? Good Luck! I'll help you with the bb gun if you want I’m a good shot…

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

I say just set the boys free (meaning our husbands) with some BB guns!!

Hahahaha....kidding of course. We don't want to harm the birds. I don't know what you should do. Maybe try calling the city and just asking if there is anything "they" can do for you. If not, you might have to leave an anonymous letter or just go talk to her. I would probably leave a letter, but you know them better than me!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out!!

:) Love ya

Heidi Totten said...

The best route would probably be to just go talk to her. Explain that with all of the bird feeders they have pooped all over your yard and your kids can't play out there anymore. I've got it all over my table and chairs, too. In fact, I took all of the seed out of my bird feeder so that they wouldn't come over here (though that didn't work). If you want, I'll go over with you and we could talk to them about it. That always seems to be the best policy.

KEYSHA said...

Talk to her. She's nice (a bit eccentric when it comes to animals, but still nice). You know what you need to wish for--cold weather so the damn birds will fly south! (Actually, no one really wants cold weather, but it would be the end to poop)!

Hollie said...

I don't know, I have neighbors with white trash yards and their neighbors have called the city to enforce it and it has really made them mad that they just didn't confront them about it. I'd go talk to her and just be upfront with her and tell her about your furniture and kids and hopefully she respects that. If she doesn't, then I'd get nasty. At least call the city and see if there are any laws or regulations about it. Good luck. I'll help you come clean the poop off your furniture when they're gone. If all else fails, Russ has a nice shotgun you can use, the birds shouldn't have to suffer though.

cobijared said...

How about Brett, and Wyatt come and practice their shot.!.!.!
That is really Gross BY the way.
If ya need help cleaning all the crap up! then just call me!!!

love
preslee

Stacy said...

I'd just steal the bird feeders, over and over again until she quits buying them...or I would email her a link to your blog, that should do the trick. Just make sure it is worth it before you start a battle because they can last a long, long, long time. We have one that has gone over in our ward for a couple of years, even divided the ward for a while. So choose wisely. Or just send Cooper over to talk to her with a plate of one of your fabulous deserts.

Kari said...

YIKES! Man that is the pits! I would NOT put up with that. That is disgusting, and probably a health inspector needs to come out and take a look!!! There's no way that can be deemed as healthy living conditions! I don't think asking her nicely will help. You need some reinforcement! Call animal control and tell them about it and see if they can't come out and do an inspection. Also check to see if there is an ordinance. Good luck! I can't wait for an update. :)

Brittany said...

That is horrible, I would seriously probably talk to her but then again that can be awkward but probably better than finding out it was you her turned her in to the city or left an anonoymous note. Good luck!

The Garber Family said...

A CAT

Amanda said...

You are hilarious, I love the Rambo scenario :) I think a BB gun sounds good!!!
I feel bad, I don't know what I'd do. You have a right to do something though, that is a mess! Good luck!

RaCHeL said...

Oh my gosh! That is so gross! I would be so mad if I were you. I would make Collin go over & say something. I always make Doug do the dirty work :) you can always through in that it is unsafe for your kids to be around all that poop! Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Allison said...

I am so sorry. That just plain sucks! I hope that things go well. My advice is to call the city to get the info you may need if when you do talk to her she is hostile. You are so nice I'm sure no one would say no to you. :)

Em said...

wow you weren't kidding, i am sorry your neighbor is such a pain. it was good to talk to you the other day. keep in touch