Wow! I can't believe my little guy is turning 4. As I sat down and started reminiscing through all the photos of Bode it brought back so many memories, memories that seem like they were just yesterday. As I looked at Bode's birth pictures, the tears couldn't help but come to my eye, there was just so many feelings that flashed through my heart. Feelings of happiness, sadness, pain and most of all feelings of thankfulness. I love this little guy so much and I know you have all heard it before, but I am so thankful for the joy he brings to our family and to me. He challenges me everyday and makes me laugh everyday, I wouldn't change it for anything.
This is Bode at the hospital after he was born. He is in his "million dollar" bed...(that is what we called it because it cost so much per day to keep him in it). It was really hard because he couldn't have any visitors, parents and grandparents were the only ones that could go and see him. Once in a while we would get a nurse that would let us open the viewing windows for our family and friends so they could take a little peak at how special and cute this little guy was.
After staying at the hospital for a couple of days, he finally made it home. He required oxygen because his oxygen level wasn't where it needed to be and he also had to have antibiotics dosed IV because he he pneumonia. I hated all those tubes on him and we hated giving the antibiotics to him, it seemed really scary. But Collin did a great job and I stood back and watched.
He grew up so fast, but he stayed so little and I loved that! He was just a baby for so long.
Yumm, yumm, yumm!He has the best smile, a smile that will just melt your heart:)
He does all the actions to any Backyardigans or any movie that he has watched over and over again. It is more of a workout than a relax time when he watches movies. It is hilarious.
He won't talk back to me, or should I say he can't:)
He loves to help clean, usually I have to clean up after he helps but I love that he tries.
He challenges me.
He puts such a strong spirit in our home.
He is adventurous.
I love that he loves me and loves to spend one on one time with me.I love you so much and can't wait for all the many more exciting years that I get to enjoy with you.








31 comments:
Oh my goodness! WOW....I can't believe he is so big. That picture of him when he was just a baby brings back a lot of memories for me too. Gosh, we sure love you guys. Hope he has a FABULOUS birthday!!!
We LOVE you Beesh Beesh! His birth is something we'll never forget. You guys are wonderful parents to such a special little boy. Love you guys!
HEY!!!!! HE is such a CUTIE-PIE!!! When ever I see him i just want to put him in my pocket!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Oh man! What a handsome little boy. I look at those pictures of him when he was just a little guy--and it seems like yesterday! (Remember him rolling all over the floor!) He has grown-up so much (in a lot of ways)! Bode's smile is one of my favorite things! Happy Happy Birthday Bode!
He is truly irresistable!!! Happy Birthday Bode...the Paddock's Love you!!!
Great pictures! Love that guy. You guys are such awesome parents. Thanks for sharing your family with us. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY BODE!
Happy Birthday Bode! My e-mail is cb_cozens@hotmail.com. I'm thinking of going private too, after something I saw on the news.
Oh my gosh Nat - has it been that long. I will never forget blessing our babies together! He is such a doll - you just wanna squeeze him!
Happy Birthday Bode, you are such a special boy, very cute. You guys are such great parents, the fun is always at your house
HAPPY BIRHTDAY BODE!!!!!
Nat,
I am so happy that you and Collin have him in your life. You truly were hand picked for him. You two are such good parents and all of your kids are adorable. I hope his day is full of cake and lots of fun!
Happy Birthday Bode! Greg is so jealous that you are four first! Have a super fun day, I'm sure your cute mom has something special planned for you!
Oh I forgot what a cute baby Bode was and how strong he was. He has been such a fun member of the family and we're so glad to have him here. Hope he had a good one.
I check out your blog now and then and I really enjoyed this post! I know you are going to private soon, but thanks for letting me view your beautiful life with Bode! We are enjoying every second with Justin.
Happy Birthday to your darling boy!! My boys had a similar hospital experience and isn't amazing how now you can look at your precious baby and just be thankful he doesn't have to be poked and prodded anymore? He is such a doll-your doing great with him!
Happy Birthday Bode! He is seriously so stinkin cute, I love him to death! Those baby pic's are pretty precious! You and Collin are the most amazing parents too.
OK. That is the SWEETEST mommy loves her little guy post EVER!
and IF you go private...send me an invite. Jessieriley@hotmail.com
Happy birthday little guy!
Happy belated Birthday to Bode! I love the picture of you holding him - you can tell just how happy you are to have him in your life. You are such a great example to us all...
Aww!! Happy BDay to Bodeeee! It is so good to be on this end of worrying about you during those first few days... all's well. :)
I love the Bode tongue- it was the first thing I noticed him doing, and I thought it was cute. Kiley's Miles does an open mouth thing, and I think that's cute, too- ha. Something about baby spit- doesn't gross me out like it's "supposed" to I guess... I used to wipe kids' chins right before snapping a family photo. It grossed everyone out. ;)
Speaking of photos- I am just IN LOVE with the latest ones from your family sitting. I would love to have a chat with your photog- she's so great!!
Happy, Happy Birthday Bode! I love seeing his growth in those pics and that smile.. precious!
Natalie, what a precious tribute to your sweet little guy. What a special gift he must be to your family, and what an amazing mother you are:)
He is SO adorable!! He seems like the happiest kid in the world. I love it!!!
Jackie Gailey
Beautiful little tribute to Bode. I loved seeing his baby pictures. It brought some tears to my eyes reading about what you wrote. These little guys are so precious aren't they. I am so grateful we have one as well.
Oh my heck he is so darling!!! Happy birthday to such a cute boy! You guys are amazing parents. What a fun fam you guys have. Your kids are lucky!PS I am private now too!! my email if you don't have it is alyberrett(at)hotmail(dot)com
LOve ya
I didn't know Bode as a baby...SO I love seeing his pictures as he has grown!! What a special little boy you have!! You are such a great Mom!!
P.S. missed you on Monday:( Hope the kiddies are better!!
I'm a little slow, but Happy Birthday to Bode. You know we seen him at Easter when he was so little. Tom fell completely in love with him. He has a picture of him on his desk at work. Congrat! to you and Collin! You have a very special boy! Love to you all
Angie
He is so precious! I don't know your kids well since whenever I see you it's for "girls" stuff. But I love seeing them in your blog and seeing what joy they are to you. I remember when our ward was HUGE and you were in the RS presidency and he would sit on the floor in front of you and play and play. He was always so good natured. You are such a good mom and such an inspiration to me, truly.
What a little sweetie! He has the best mom in the world!!
Private? I feel so exclusive Nat! That Bode could not be cuter. Happy birthday!
Bode is so adorable! All those pictures of him totally showed off his cute personality... We love your little guy and know that he is so lucky to be part of your family! Happy Birthday BODE!!!
I can't believe it's been 4 years either! It wasn't that long ago we were pregnant together :) He's adorable. It was so fun to see you and Kelly last night. Hope you had fun!!
He is the cutest thing ever, thanks for letting my family view your blog, it helps us to see what Sam is capable of doing. It brings peace to my heart seeing all the things Bode does and it takes away the fear. It will fun to look back on Sam when he turns 4. Thanks for sharing. Tausha
Post a Comment