We went camping again, yes again! Thanks to Holly (for taking Bode) and to great, fun friends, it was a blast! We have had this trip planned since like April, you have to plan it that far in advance if you want to get a spot. We got the camp spot up American Fork Canyon at the Timponoekke (sp??) campground. It was beautiful! We had the perfect spot. We got two group spots and we had our own little culdesac, it worked out great. Like I said before, my mother-in-law took Bode for us. That was such a relief! I felt bad leaving him home, but he had a much funner time with Grandma and Grandpa than he would have had camping. It made our trip much more enjoyable too. We got up there Friday night and enjoyed some Cafe Rio under pine trees. Spent the night eating smores and just talking it up. The kids played their little hearts out. There was a fear of bears, this was the campground that the little boy was dragged from his tent last year. The kids had all been prepped and once night time came, I think they got a little nervous. We only had one encounter with a bear, that was when Ali stuck her hand out her tent door and touched it's fur...crazy!!! (It really didn't happen) What a cutie.



On Saturday we ate a yummy french toast breakfast made my the Jones' and just lounged around until we decided to go to Silver Lake. We had a great time there, I am so glad we went. The kids played in the water, some of the adults played in the water, and some adults tipped over the raft fully dressed in the water. If it wasn't for Lou lou trying to surf on the tiny 2 person raft, I still would have been dry. :) It was all worth it though, having to swim her and the boat back to shore because we both couldn't get in the middle of the lake. I think the main problem was we were flooding the deflating boat which made it very difficult to get in.

We got back to camp and played some games, and the Johnson's, Myer's and Olson's made us delicious Taco Salads for dinner. More smores were made, and more chit-chattin was done. We woke up Sunday morning made breakfast burritos and packed up and headed out. It was a great trip and one we will do again. We missed those that couldn't make it...until next year!






6 comments:
Oh so much fun! I need you to email me those pics. I still can't believe I forgot my camera. OY! I loved the camping though I can't believe you went 2 weekends in a row. What a trooper!
Oh... what fun! We saw Bode with Grandma and Grandpa at Costco over the weekend!
Honestly....it was one of the BEST camping trips we have been on. The kids were perfect, great company, PERFECT campsite and YUMMY food.
Thanks Marcy and Nat for finding that camping spot and everyone else for the delicious food and laughs! I am already anxiously waiting for next years trip.
I think Ali had a dream she pet a bear or something. Because I for a minute she really believed it happened ;) What a silly girl!!!
Ah, looks like we missed out on a good 'ole fashioned camping trip. (I hear the s'mores were something else and Lou Lou's raft dance was also impressive:) Count us in for next year; who needs family reunions when you have great camping trips with friends! (Only kidding!)
Nat I love your blog. You always make everything so darling... You are one talented LADY!
I am so glad you saved the day and found a camp-site for us! Now that we know what a great camp ground that was we'll for sure have to reserve it for next year. I'm glad Collin got over his strep throat in time for you guys to come. There is never a dull moment with this fun group of people. We’ll plan it around the Peck’s family reunion next year because we sure did miss them!
BTW- Anytime you want Ry-Ry to babysit Peiton just let me know!
What a fun group! You guys are always pulling these fun little trips :) Glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment