Monday, July 6, 2009

Tuacahn

A week ago I was able to go to St. George with my mom, sisters, Grandma Zenda, Aunt Peggy and all of her girls. This is the 10th year that we have done this. I have been to all of them but one. Every year it gets better. My Grandma has a house down in St. George and she buys us tickets to see both of the Tuacahn plays that are showing. We make it a super long weekend (not long enough) and head down on Wednesday night, while the husbands are left home with the kiddos....ahhh heaven! No packing kids in the car, buckling them in car seats, no waking up in the middle of the night (just to Jacki snoring), no screaming (well unless you are a Mckenzie girl) and no crying (unless you are me). We have a blast!

Mom, Rachelle, Jacki, Grandma Zenda, Peggy, Cobi, Angie

Hollie, Stacy, Preslee, Me, McKenzie, Denni

We spent the weekend shopping, at the pool, eating, seeing a movie, more shopping, more eating, seeing another movie, plays, games, giggles, more eating, more shopping, another play, games, and more eating....

I am so glad that my Grandma does this for us. It helps us get to know each other better. I feel that if we didn't do this we wouldn't be as close as we are. So thanks grandma again and again for letting me spend time with you and everyone else. And thanks Collin for always being willing to take the kiddos! Your the best! Alisha we missed you this year!!



7 comments:

Annie Miller said...

LOVE it! What a great tradition. I'm always jealous when you go :)

Aly said...

That really is such a great tradition! I am definitely going to do something like that with my girls! You are beautiful!

brandonandlexee said...

What did you go see? I saw Footloose 2 weekends ago and thought it was pretty cute! What a perfect girls weekend:)

shelbell said...

My sisters and mom have GOT to do something like this. I bet you have some great memories from these trips:)

Allison said...

Looks like so much fun. Especially all the girl time. How lucky you are to have access to a house down south.

Preslee said...

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! WAY FUN! but.... i didnt kill one snail... that is sad for me.. cuz i think i have almost every year.... i am just to lazy to get up.. HEY what McKenzie Girl SCREAMS?

NatRat said...

Preslee it would be your mom and aunts...they are I guess always fighting (not really screaming) with each other...it is hilarious!