Wow, I can't believe the 4th of July weekend was over a week ago, where is July going?? We did have a great 4th of July though. We weren't able to go camping with my family because of Bode's speech and Collin's job, but we were able to have fun anyway...although we did miss some of the VW fun.
We started the holiday off with going to the parade on Friday night...how I love a parade, I really do. I think they are so fun. My kids usually do well at them and just have a blast. We grabbed Subways and ate them while we waited for the parade to start. Bode crashed, which made it really nice so we did not have to chase him around. I woke him up in time for the horses and he always loves the horses. Coop of course had a blast trying to get as much as candy as possible, which I was happy about too, the more candy for him, the more candy for me...I can't get enough of the salt water taffy. Peiton was a big girl and sat in a little girl chair and enjoyed some candy of her own.
After the parade we headed over to our friends the Peck's and watched some seriously awesome fireworks! They were quite a show ;) Bode got sick of them after about 15 minutes and walked himself home, he thought a movie might be a little more interesting...crazy kid! 
The next day we headed back over to the Peck's for a yummy 4th of July breakfast! They fed the neighborhood and it sure was yummy and a lot of work...thank you so much!
We decided to chance it and take all the kids to Ice Age 3, I was able to watch about 30 minutes of it and then Peiton had it so we left and did a little sight shopping at the local stores. Bode and Cooper loved it.
That night we headed to Heber for a great bbQand some more fireworks. Little did we know that we would be eaten alive my mosquito's. My grandparents live right by Deer Creek reservoir and they have a little canal that runs in the backyard that I think attracts all of the mosquito's, they were sure loving us that night. I think we all came home with 10+ mosquito bites and that was with repellent. But is sure was fun. It is always a good time and grandma and pa's!
That is about it for our 4th of July festivities, we all had a great time.







4 comments:
Cute pictures Nat!! I love that Bode walked himself home! That is hilarious and so something I would have done too!
I love reading your blog! I am preparing myself (or trying to) for the years ahead of me with Justin! Sounds like you guys had a fabulous weekend!
Fabulous 4th! Where has the summer gone? I love the picture of Bode sleeping....(Speaking of which, I took a ton of pictures and need to get them to you.)
You look so darling in that cowboy hat! Cutie!
Post a Comment