Last weekend we had our annual Richards Family camping trip. We went up to Tanner's flat up Little Cottonwood canyon. I have fond memories of this place, we use to go here all the time as a family growing up. It was still as beautiful as I remember, although not quite as relaxing and exciting....:)
I would have to say it was kind of a crazy camping trip. Oh my goodness. Bode and Peiton gave Collin and I a run for our money...crazy! Not that they were crazy, well Peiton's scream got a little crazy because of the lack of sleep, and Bode was just crazy Bode. The first night I think I got about 2 hours of sleep, that might be exaggerating a little bit. Peiton wasn't quite sure what was going on and she is one to sleep very well in her crib, not in the mountains, in a tent, sleeping by 4 other people.
We got up there Friday afternoon and set up camp, we had a great camp. We cooked tin foil dinners that night...yummy, one of my camping favorites. Cooper had fun with his cousins playing on scooters and just enjoying getting dirty. We took many walks up and down the campground and enjoyed each other's company.
On Saturday we just had a lot of down time (well everyone else but Collin and I) and we were visited my a few rain storms, which actually cooled it down quite a bit, it was pretty nice. Court, Matt, Cam, Grandma and Grandpa J came and visited us that day, Nicky we MISSED you! Holly and Charlie made a delicious dutch oven dinner that night and I think I got my kids in bed by 8:00, which was awesome!! They were wasted.








1 comment:
Glad you had such a fabulous time, there is nothing better than staying awake all night long in a tent, and trying to keep your kid quiet so they don't wake up everyone else. You're a trooper.
Post a Comment