Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bode starts Kindergarten!

It is that time, Bode is in Kindergarten, wowsers! He hasn't been to school since June so I wasn't sure how he was going to take it. The first day wasn't too bad putting him on the bus, he got on okay and did pretty well for his first day.
Waiting for the bus, not quite sure what is going on.
Bode sees the bus!

Bye, bye Bode!

Bode made it home, it was a nice short day and his teachers said he did great!
If this isn't the old man smile, I don't know what is...:)
Go Buzz! The backpack Bode picked out all by himself.
Well the first day was great! The next two weeks were a roller coaster for Bode. The second day not so great for Bode. I guess there was a little boy on the bus that screamed the whole time, this made it really hard for Bode. It made him super nervous, he wasn't sure what was going on and he was in tears when he got off on the bus at school. He puckered up and had a great day. The next day he would not even get on the bus, he was so nervous. I had to drive him to school and he was doing great until he saw the same little boy and he wanted nothing to do with his class. Each day got a little better, it wasn't so traumatizing every time he had to get on the bus, by Friday he was doing pretty good. but not for long....The next week he had an experience that still breaks my heart and it will for a while, and I am not to sure if I even want to explain that now, so I won't, maybe later.
We hope that it will get better and better for Bode that he may enjoy like he once did. I know he loves school, he has awesome teachers (we have always been blessed with Bode's teacher, they all have been so great!).
Keep it up Bode, you are doing great and it will get better! Pretty soon you will rock that Kindergarten class, just like you did your preschool class!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anything more heartbreaking than sending your kid to school knowing they have anxiety about it and worrying that they will feel lonely and scared and you can't be there to help them? Being a Mom is hard. I hope things get better for cute Bode. He is such a sweetie:)

The Garber Family said...

These are such cute pictures!
You can just tell how loved by his family he is...
I had a dream the other night that Bode was just talking away with me. I can't remember what he said, but I loved it!