Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday Cooper!

Cooper is nine! I can't believe how time flies. It seems like it was yesterday, well not quite yesterday, but not to long ago that he was born. What a happy, crazy, sad day! Cooper was born on September 11th, the day! I was happy as could be as our country was devastated. Our family is so lucky that we got something fabulous out of that day.
Cooper is such a gem in our family, really, I don't think Collin and I could really function without him. He is just like another parent, always asking where Bode and Pei are, making sure Bode doesn't run or that he is always safe...he continues to amaze me at how great a brother and son he is.
The last little bit he has been begging for his own room. I don't blame him, he shares with Bode and he just really doesn't get a break from the kid and he just needs his own space.
Well, he had a scout thing the morning of his birthday and he was going to be away for a couple hours, we thought it would be so great if we could do the switch up before he came home and surprised him. We did it, he loved it!
He was very surprised and of course he had to go see where Bode and Peiton were going to be now and make sure everything was okay. Love the kid!
He has his own little desk where he can do his homework and drawings.
He has his own double bed where he occasionally gets visitors to sleep with him from time to time.
It was a great move for us to do for Coop, I don't know if it was the best move, Bode and Peiton are a little crazy together, but Cooper deserves it!

Each year, Sandy City puts up flags in remembrance of all the lifes that were taken on September 11th. We have gone every year except last year.







After the flags we had a birthday party with Collin's side of the family. Cooper opened all his presents and was very pleased with all of them. Everyone spoiled him rotten.
Cooper is our little Lakers fan, I am not sure where he got that from but he LOVES Kobi Bryant!
Grandma and Grandpa Richards gave him a Lakers hat and shirt. He loves them!
I was able to score a sweet deal on some Air Jordan's at Ross, Collin and I knew he would absolutely love them. Were we right? Yep.
Coop isn't too much of a cake fan, for his birthday he wanted this pineapple sherbet with raspberries and bananas, and he loves these cookie dough cupcakes.

After cupcakes and ice cream, Coop put on his new outfit with his new Jordan's and he was a new basketball player. :) It is so fun to watch him play and all the new basketball skills he picks up. He definitely has found his sport.

On Sunday (notice he is wearing the same outfit) we went to my parents for a party with my side of the family. Everyone was there and we had yummy Costco chocolate cake (one of my favorites).

We hope you had a great day Coop! We love you to pieces. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a handsome guy - happy birthday Cooper!