New Years eve was actually pretty fun this year. It seems like New Year's is kind of put on the back burner when you have young kids. You can't really find a babysitter on New Year's and it is too much of a hassle to take the kids anywhere so you just kind of don't do much. Well our friends the Jones' invited us over for a New Years get together and we were planning on bringing our kids with us. We wouldn't have lasted long because Peiton would start freaking out about 7 and who knows what kind of mood Bode would be in. Well earlier in the day Collin's mom called and said that they wanted to come out and tend the kids that night...WHAT? Awesome! It truly was a blessing, we needed the night out without kids so much. So we still went over to the Jones' and had a fantastic time eating, chatting and playing a little Rock Band. Collin has never played it before and he was pretty dang good, I was quite impressed:)
Alica, Me, Rachel
Jason and Collin
TJThe Jones' were the first family to welcome us into the neighborhood, she dropped by with her yummy caramel corn and we hit it off. We have known them for almost 4 years now and we have had a ton of fun memories with them. They are the type of people that would drop anything that they are doing and help you if you are in need. One thing that I love about Alicia is that she always lets the people she loves know that she loves them she is very great at speaking her feelings and I really admire that. They have been fabulous friends.
As for the Olson's, I have mentioned them before, it is amazing that two of the nicest people found each other and got married. They are both gems and both hilarious! Rachel is the best story teller, she can make a boring story and way exciting story. We are pretty lucky to have these amazing families as some of our closest friends. Thanks for the great night folks!
When we came home, this is what we found. Cooper was so pumped to stay up for the New Year and it just didn't quite make it. Thanks so much Holly and Charlie for tending, it meant a lot and we had a great time because of it. Your awesome!






8 comments:
FUN!!! I hope that when I grow up, I meet friends like u and Collin have!
P.S. Did u find out how many days till Tuachan? I am waiting.........
I agree! Rachel and Alicia are two of the nicest people, but you, my friend, are just as nice! :)
You have just made my day!! You think I'm a good story teller? I'm pretty sure that my lengthy stories get old, but I'm glad to know that you like them :)
That really was a fun night! One of the best New Years Eve I can remember in a long time, and we were so glad to spend it with our friends.
Looks like fun!
I think it's hard to figure out New Year's with kids, too. What luck that you had a babysitter offer!
I still remember seeing you guys moving in. I was so excited. It was crazy, because we were the first ones here and watched everyone move in. You just knew that you guys were going to be life long friends. I am so glad that I brought over that carmel corn and that we have been able to be such great friends. We sure love your family.
You AND Collin both killed RockBand!! Thanks for coming over. It wouldn't have been the same without Collin singing "Eye of the Tiger"...I mean really..does anyone disagree???
It sounds like you guys had a great new years! And I totally agree with you, Rachel and Alicia are so sweet and genuine... but don't forget, you are too.... thanks for always being so sweet to me...
Oh man...Grandparents are the BEST!!! No babysitter can compare:)
Post a Comment