I am back from a quick (too quick), fun, warm & relaxing trip. We had a great time and it went by way to fast.
We left our cute fam's about 12:30 on Friday afternoon and headed down to St. George. The drive was filled with fun conversation and Lou lou' name that tune, which made the time go by pretty fast. When we finally arrived in St. George, the thermostat said 63!! It was so nice! Kind of lame to get excited about 63 degrees, but when you leave home at 25, it seems really nice:)We stayed with my grandparents who are the best hostess's. I love to spend time with them, they are so full of personality and I just love to sit and talk with them. Soon after we arrived we were off to eat...had to get that pre-race carb load, and we just love to eat:)
I was so dreading doing this race, the training wasn't so great and I was so worried about my back and leg. But I surprised myself and did alright. Keysha rocked it, I am going to brag for you Keysha because I know you won't do it:) She finished with a time of like 1:43, a 7 something mile! She is one tough Chick-ita and my grandparents were amazed by her toughness:) Leslie did great to, without having ANY training, she sprained her ankle a while ago and hadn't been able to run on it. and she did awesome too.
It is always so great to have a awesome cheer team. My mom is always so good to support me in all my races. If she can be there she will be and I love to have her support:)The race was done and it was time to play and eat. Keysha's parents treated us to a yummy lunch at Texas Roadhouse ( I love that place) and then we headed to the theaters to see Bride Wars. I thought it was a cute flick, kind of slow at places, but a fun show. And the huge bowl of popcorn and Hot Tamales I indulged made it even better:) After the movie my mom treated us to a dinner at Bajio and then we treated her to some ice cream at Cold Stone...yes, I think I did mention that we like to eat:)
Come Sunday morning we weren't ready to go home, ready to see our fam's and relieve our husbands, but not ready to go home to the cold. Little getaways are always so much fun to look forward too and I guess I will just have to look forward to this again next year.Thanks Grandma and Pa for letting us stay with you. You are the best!
Keysha and Lou lou I had a great time with you...you guys are a riot and we had some great laughs and you both smell so yummy how couldn't I love ya?
And Mom, you know how I feel about you...Love ya much and so glad that you came with us.






22 comments:
U think that was FUN wait till TUachan! jk! Glad u did good with ur back and Knee!!!!!!!!
Oh yea! What a weekend....Thanks for letting me tag along this year. I now officially have spring fever; I think I had better get over that quickly because we've got many cold days ahead of us.
Your grandparents were awesome! Such good people; and there accommodations were perfect!
Smell ya later!
You ladies rock! Keysha on her time, you with your back problems, and LouLou without any training! Sheesh! You put me to shame! :)
I am sad you missed my lesson. :(
you gals amaze me time and time again, i really hope i can get it to something like that running, biking or even just lots of walking.
Way to go!!! Congrats!
How fun! Good job! A little warm weather getaway sounds perfect. I will have to plan one in a couple months.
so glad you had fun!
I wish i could run...i think it would be a great stress releiver. its not too late to start i guess...
yes we all need our getaways thats for sure!! :)
you look so gorgeous BTW....even after running all those miles!!
Well I really enjoyed myself--who wouldn't with such great company? All I want to say is that my half marathon was a dismal affair--when you hit the wall at mile three that isn't a good sign. ;) Oh well, it was a good work out and a fun time. Thanks!
What a fun weekend away (and YA - that sounds so warm compared to here, I swear I've been freezing for a week straight!) You girls are awesome - you little runners you.
If you had a picture of your real cheer team, it would include a LOT more people! Keep it up- you inspire and inspire us again!
You girls are so AWESOME!!! I am so proud of all of you. Good job!!! You all loo so great too..wish I could have been there.
Love ya
Fun.....sounds like you gals had a good time! And Keysha's time.....AMAZING.....good for her!
Sounds like you guys had a blast..but who wouldn't in that company??? You guys rocked it with your times! Good job!!!
I'm glad it all went well for you guys!
Okay so I am thinking of starting to prepare for a HALF marathon, so any advice send it my way. Isn't vacations all about yummy food and laughter, how fun!! good job to your friend it made me tired just reading it.
NICE NAT! You are a freaking amazing runner/work-outer(if that is a word)! ha. Sounds like you guys had a nice time!
You are awesome!! And it actually looks like your having fun out there running...weird. j/k.
oh and no I am not a cat lover, just find them humorous!
love ya
Nat...I'm leaving on Friday and I am so bummed we didn't get together. I was in St. George this last weekend too. Too bad we didn't run into each other there.
Congrats on running another awesome race!!!
You are my hero Nat!
Hey Nat, good job! You are awesome!
Great job! You guys still look pretty cute even after the race:) You are very well rounded...great runner/great eater!!:0) Next time CALL US!!!!
You three really are amazing! Keysha rocked it! And both you and Leslie...even to complete it after not training is amazing!
Post a Comment