Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am beginning to realize why I hate to clean...

Bode has been into making messes lately, BIG messes. I finally have started to put locks on everything throughout the house because I can't clean it up anymore (I am sure that he will find something else to get in to). Within 24 hours, Bode made these 2 huge messes, on top of the regular messes he makes. I couldn't help but laugh at first, but then when cleaning them up, I got really frustrated:(

Peiton had woke up from her nap and it is normal for Bode to go in and just play in the room while she is still in the crib. It kind of makes it nice because it entertains her for a little bit longer. Well, I was downstairs cleaning of course...and after about 5 to 10 minutes of him being in there Peiton started screaming, that was my que to go and get her out of her crib. Well when I walked in, this is what I found...

Bode had taken all the toys from Peitons room, the toys in his toy box from his room, all of the baskets on her shelf's full of hair bows, diapers, lotions and what not. He then took the wipes and pulled everyone out of the bag, got all of her books and put them in there. There was a whole lot of everything in that crib. And to top it off, Peiton was in there screaming because she had no where to stand anymore, and Peiton's crib is set to the lowest setting, it was a crib full of stuff!



I am so mean to let her sit there and scream while I take pictures, but at the moment I was laughing pretty hard...not so funny when I decided to actually clean it up so Peiton could go to bed that night. The nice thing about it was that her room looked spotless, due to everything being in the crib:)
Well so the next adventure, Bode was the ring leader and pulled Peiton into the fun. I was in the office working on somethings for maybe 5 minutes or so. I came to check on the kids and this is what I found this time....


The little munchkins cleaning out the kitchen for me. Another mess for me to clean up. But then again, the good thing is, it forced me to clean out ALL of my cupboards, which needed done desperately:)





After making all of these messes, Bode decided to take a crash, right smack on the middle of the floor with his dinosaur and "George" the monkey:)


He is soooo sweet while he is sleeping:)





27 comments:

Keeping up with the Jones' said...

WOW!!! He is so cute. I bet you were dying.

I can just imagine Peiton wondering what the heck was going on???

You are the most patient and loving mom in the whole world. I wish I could be more like that.

I LOVE YOU NAT, YOU ROCK!!!
Thanks for making me laugh today :)

Heidi said...

If you ever need to - feel free to call us! I can come help you clean up but even more than that - we would love to watch them so you can go for dinner, a movie, or to the SPA! Good luck!

Kelly said...

Wow Bode! Collin had sent the pic of the full crib, but I didn't realize Pei was in there at first. Sorry you had such a mess to clean up, ready to go out again this weekend? You're such a great mom!!

Stacy said...

I think it is so cute that they are playing together. I remember Jackson and Emma piling huge messes on the floor like that when they were about those ages, drove me crazy. and ummm, how come I don't have any friends like Heidi?

KEYSHA said...

Oh man. I feel frustrated for you....Oh good that you can laugh about it (and stop to take some pictures)!

Hey, on the positive side; look at the brother-sister interaction taking place. They are becoming excellent little buddy's. And when Bode is in school next year, Peiton will know how to destroy the house all by herself!

The Garber Family said...

You are so good, you had the PRESENCE OF MIND to take those pictures first!
Most days if we don't laugh, we'll cry. Somedays it's both.

Rachelle said...

Bode the little terd! That is hilarious! I cant believe how much he managed to get out in 5 minutes! Impressive! Way to just laugh it off though! I've heard that is hard to do...and that is what I hope Casey and I do!

Olson's said...

Bless your heart!!! Those pictures made me laugh, and I am so glad you have been catching all the messes on your camera.

Lou Lou told me that Sydney had spent 1/2 an hour cleaning her house today and I'm just wondering where I went wrong with my kids???

jamie said...

Oh sweet sweet Bode! Keeps me laughing!
Thanks for sharing Nat! Let me know if you ever need a hand picking up messes.

Ashley said...

Wow! Those pictures made me laugh but at the same time it made me tired for you! I hope you can rest after a day like that!

Aly said...

That is so darling! I love sleeping kiddies! I can't believe that mess! Well I can I guess having two huge wrecking balls that live at my house! Good luck

RaCHeL said...

Holy Cow! What a little busy body! That is quite the mess! You are so good to be so calm & patient. :)

DeJong Family said...

Oh my gosh Nat, that is some funny stuff..you definately made my day with your bode messy stories..lol!

Trisha Paddock said...

Is this what you meant when you said you were "trying not to go insane?"

Amanda said...

WOW!! You deserve an award, good job to laugh it off, that's the best thing to do! :) I can't believe he did that all in 5 minutes, he's good!

Amy said...

How frustrating! You are so great to see the silver lining in all of it.

Kari said...

Oh my HECK! I cannot believe those pictures! Those really were big messes! Thanks for sharing the pics - that really made the story that much more entertaining!

Marcy said...

Cute Bode! Anytime you need a break or help cleaning up a crazy mess please give me a call(I might be needed a break myself). Just think it’s just the 1st week of Bode being off track, good luck with the next 3! I love Peiton’s cute little face. I wish I could have been there to see her.

You are doing an amazing job with your kids. Hang in there maybe one day you will miss the messes (probably not).

Kristen said...

I am laughing so hard right now i have tears coming down my face!! That picture of Peiton screaming in the crib!!!! My boys do the same thing to Lauren (except they wake her up from her nap to do it!) She will be in there under every blanket and pillow they can find. It makes me SO mad!

I'm sorry you had such a huge mess Nat. I wish it was summer so we'd all have our windows open and could hear each others frustration with kids. Sometimes I feel SO much better just knowing that mine aren't the only ones being naughty!

Summer said...

Ha, hilareous. I love how it ends with a nap on a dinosaur. I think we need another word than "clean" for what we do around the house while toddlers are living in it. Something like damage control, or disaster relief, but with a homemaker ring to it. I'm inspired by the Jones'- instead of upkeeping, we can call it keep-upping.

Preslee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Preslee said...

Hahaha~ fUNNY! At least now got to throughly clean ur house! I like to clean, ( JUST NOT MY HOUSE )If you every need help or a babysitter call me!!!!

Hollie said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Emily said...

Oh my goodness girl! You really are amazing to be able to even laugh at first. Justin is really developing a personality. Right now his favorite thing to do is scream (happily) at the top of his lungs. Doesn't matter if we are at home, church, shopping, etc. Thanks for sharing that cute story!

Jenny and Jared said...

Wpw- if we only had the creativity and energy of these little kids!! Thank goodness they sleep so that we can remember how sweet they are. Cute idea for the month of Feb- I love YOU!!!

NatRat said...

Now the one thing that we need to keep in mind is... BODE HAS DOWNS

-Collin Richards

Allison said...

I am busting out laughing at this post. Sorry but I can't help it. Poor Peiton, but still loved that you took the pics! And ya gotta love that it wears Bode out. Nothing like a good nap!